SHAWARMA & ARABIC BREAD PREPARATION -clean? Or Not?

Topic locked
SHAWARMA & ARABIC BREAD PREPARATION -clean? or not? Jan 02, 2009
Some restaurants/outlets prepare shawarma & arabic with their bare hands
Do they wash their hands?
1.One time I ordered shawarma- the man who prepared the food accepted my 10AED bill then he went to his drawer and hand me my change, without washing his hands he continued making my shawarma with hi bare hands.ew! I asked told him "dude your hands are dirty" he said "no problem"...
..I wonder how they obtain their business permits w/o proper hygene training.
2.Same situation with arabic bread outlets.

ArchitectRoel
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 04, 2009
once I even saw them take the fallen bread from the floor and kept along with other bread!!!! (in lebanese restaurants)......

nasty floor!!!!

:shock:
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Jan 04, 2009
sharfraz wrote:once I even saw them take the fallen bread from the floor and kept along with other bread!!!! (in lebanese restaurants)......
nasty floor!!!!

Hmmm..delicousooo!
we pay for those yummy bacterias & deseases.! ew
:sign10: :sign12: :sign10: :sign12: :sign10: :sign12:
ArchitectRoel
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 09, 2009
u say to them if u not wash we will complain to municipality then they will wash it hapenned to me also and i did same
navy
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 15, 2009
i don t like shawarma thx GOD :D
Miss_lolly
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 09, 2009
All shawarma guys will take the money from you and continue making sandwiches with their bare hands. If you want to eat shawarma you will have to live with this. No matter how expensive or posh the place is, this is how they make it :S
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 20, 2009
dee7o wrote:All shawarma guys will take the money from you and continue making sandwiches with their bare hands. If you want to eat shawarma you will have to live with this. No matter how expensive or posh the place is, this is how they make it :S

This can cause bacterial deseases and hepatitis..I don't know why they still allow this.. :twisted:
ArchitectRoel
Dubai forums Addict

Re: SHAWARMA & ARABIC BREAD PREPARATION -clean? or not? May 15, 2009
ArchitectRoel wrote:Some restaurants/outlets prepare shawarma & arabic with their bare hands
Do they wash their hands?
1.One time I ordered shawarma- the man who prepared the food accepted my 10AED bill then he went to his drawer and hand me my change, without washing his hands he continued making my shawarma with hi bare hands.ew! I asked told him "dude your hands are dirty" he said "no problem"...
..I wonder how they obtain their business permits w/o proper hygene training.
2.Same situation with arabic bread outlets.

haha yea i see that all the time, most of the time i try to avoid the crave, but if you give in the best strategy is to not look while they're making it(even if its labeled the best in town, it tends to make you want to just walk away with a hint of guilt.
bushako

May 15, 2009
ArchitectRoel wrote:
dee7o wrote:All shawarma guys will take the money from you and continue making sandwiches with their bare hands. If you want to eat shawarma you will have to live with this. No matter how expensive or posh the place is, this is how they make it :S

This can cause bacterial deseases and hepatitis..I don't know why they still allow this.. :twisted:

i think the reason why they still allow this is because all of them pretty much use the same technique to make the shawarma and sharwama is probably on the top 10 list of delicacy for the inspectors.
bushako

May 16, 2009
try standing for hours in front of a burning shawarma owen stand.... my guess is the burning heatwave kills all the bacteria
MAATC
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 30, 2009
Lots and lots of bacteria.

Plus if the oven is hot, the cooks sweat over the food too.

Mmmmm, delicious and salty.

yum yum
Guardasil
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2009
sharfraz wrote:once I even saw them take the fallen bread from the floor and kept along with other bread!!!! (in lebanese restaurants)......

nasty floor!!!!

thank you for telling us this

i will avoid them anyway i also hear complains from ppl
Kissy
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 20, 2009
All shawarma guys will yield the money from you and abide authoritative sandwiches with their bald hands. If you wish to eat shawarma you will accept to reside with this. No amount how big-ticket or chic the abode is, this is how they accomplish it :S

Aug 23, 2009
kira09 wrote:All shawarma guys will yield the money from you and abide authoritative sandwiches with their bald hands. If you wish to eat shawarma you will accept to reside with this. No amount how big-ticket or chic the abode is, this is how they accomplish it :S

Okay let me get this straight. You are starting a new game that will take off on the internet and change the world. You are taking a post someone else typed and changing the verbs and adjectives to absolute nonsense in an attempt to produce the stupidest post in history. The dumber the post you manage to fabricate, the more points you get. Absolutely brilliant, you really should patent this.
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai Black listForum Rules

Return to Dubai Black list