3-Months Notice In Contract

Topic locked
3-Months Notice in Contract Aug 01, 2013
I am leaving the company and gave a 1 month notice, however they want to review what is on my contract, which states exactly the following:

"ART.IV: Duration of the Agreement
This Agreement will have a duration of “ 1 “ year(s) effective from the first day of work in the COMPANY and will be automatically renewed, unless one of the parties wishes to end the contract, by written notice three months before the expiry of the contract. The first three months of employment will be considered a Probationary period to ensure the employee is fully capable and qualified for the job."

If I resign from the company, can't they allow me to do so with a 1 month notice? Do I really have to serve 3 months before I could finally leave? The way I understand this is this clause is for those who wish not to renew their contract. Is it different from resigning?
My end-of-contract is exactly 1 month from now and I sent my 1 month notice of resignation today.

yujinn
Dubai forums Addict

Re: 3-Months Notice In Contract Aug 09, 2013
No, you cannot do so, it is possible only if your employer accepts your resignation, else it may be an issue for you.
singhabhishek251
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai