Help!

Topic locked
Help! Aug 03, 2006
Ok I seldom admit to others I need help, but as of now I need advice...

Im working in Sharjah Airport International Freezone... My husband is working in Dubai but will soon change job, at the moment he doesnt meet the required salary for providing father's visa.

I want to provide a visa for my 3 month old son so he can stay here with us in the UAE for as long as I want to. My salary is not a problem accd to the govt. But what is? Sharjah is saying they will only allow mother's visa if:

1. My husband is dead.
2. Im divorced.

How can this be????? Is there any other ways to provide family visa for my little Zaccary? :?

zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 03, 2006
can't he find a bette paying job? before he changes and screws things up?
I-No-Jack
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 03, 2006
He can and of course its possible... but Im working also,why cant I sponsor my own son?
zam

Aug 03, 2006
Because its the law, you cant change it so you have to accept it. Only in some cases will woman get that required visa.
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 03, 2006
Resolution 9 of 1995 concerning organizing and bringing in of family members and servants by foreign manpower (in short sponsoring)

Article 1

“An expatriate may sponsor and bring his family members, if his monthly salary is not less than three thousand (3000) Dirhams and if his employer provides him with accommodation or four thousand (4000) Dirhams if his employer does not provide him with accommodation. Proof of salary may be established by and official certificate duly attested by the State’s concerned authorities.

The word “family” means one’s wife, male sons up to the age of 18, and unmarried daughters. ”
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Aug 03, 2006
Ok here is my request...can you shout that to me, loud and simple:

THERE IS NO WAY I CAN PROVIDE MOTHER'S VISA FOR MY SON? :? :oops: :? :oops:
zam

Aug 04, 2006
with your current circumstances .... no
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Sep 11, 2006
dont shoot me....just to check again...

When I applied for a visit visa for my son,someone in the immigration, asked me...why not apply for a family visa? I said the whole story...then
the woman said: Put together your husband papers and yours and you have more than what they require, you can then be easily approved for your son's visa

:shock: :shock: :shock: anybody knows about that??
zam

Sep 11, 2006
zam wrote:dont shoot me....just to check again...

When I applied for a visit visa for my son,someone in the immigration, asked me...why not apply for a family visa? I said the whole story...then
the woman said: Put together your husband papers and yours and you have more than what they require, you can then be easily approved for your son's visa

:shock: :shock: :shock: anybody knows about that??

I know for sure that you can sponsor your children, providing you are earning enough, however I am not sure if you can sponsor your Husband, I will ask some questions and try to get back to you in a couple of days.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 11, 2006
Saggge you got it all wrong!!!!

I want to sponsor my child...but there is no such thing as mother's visa. My husband's paperworks will not meet the requirements of the immigration....and thus mushkila!!! :oops:
zam

Sep 11, 2006
my last staff member who tried that they said ... "no, one single salary amount", look its worth a try - what have you got to loose?

the only place that used to take combined incomes (husband and wife's) into account was when you applied for an alcohol license.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum