Prince Alwaleed Tops First Saudi Rich List 2009

Topic locked
Prince Alwaleed tops first Saudi Rich List 2009 Aug 30, 2009
The Prince is chairman of Kingdom Holding Company (KHC), one of the largest diversified private investment companies in the world.

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/566223-p ... -rich-list

Anosh
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 30, 2009
Ever since I remember I've been fascinated by this man. Think it's time to read his autobiography.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 30, 2009
What ******** after clicking through a couple of links still couldn't get to the actuall list, then got an error.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 30, 2009
His autobiography would undoubtably be interesting - but come on this is hardly the tale of a self made man ! How many individuals out there with access to the income stream of Saudi Arabia would have performed better ? Quite a few I guess.

"His" investment strategy of getting in on established businesses and their revenue flows is not exactly innovative - KHC was not a driving force in Islamic finance - Citibank (?) been there done that - EuroDisney (has that got anything to do with Walt Disney) and so on and so forth ....

Add this to the fact that "he" sits atop the Saudi rich list and it starts to look a little suspect to (perhaps only) me.
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 30, 2009
I said fascinated not admire!
In his years as a billionaire he's yet to put a wrong foot foward. Besides he say's he's a self made billionaire? I'm simply enthralled with a man born into The M.E's finest political lineage. Everything he does is politically correct. His political connections around the globe would suggest that he's some one to watch out for. Besides he's invested big time in the media. Nothing influences people here more than the media. Unlike the west, people here blindly believe everything the media says. And the Prince controls the media. Times called him ME's Warren Buffet - he has bigger ambitions no doubt.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 31, 2009
I like Prince Waleed but anyone who thinks he is SA's richest man is living in lala land. He is the richest AUDITABLE man in Saudi Arabia!!
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 31, 2009
dee7o wrote:I like Prince Waleed but anyone who thinks he is SA's richest man is living in lala land. He is the richest AUDITABLE man in Saudi Arabia!!

This is certainly correct.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 31, 2009
His achievement is not "becoming rich". Rather its "staying rich"....
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat