Problem With UAE ATMs !!! Please Read On

Topic locked
problem with UAE ATMs !!! Please read on May 17, 2007
ok guys BE VERY CAREFULL !!!!! ill share my story that happened 5 days ago

ive deposited 16K to my Emirates Bank account 11AM (ish)

then around 3 PM my secretary reminded me that i have a cheque due on my CITI bank account but my fund is 4k short in my city bank account

knowing that the daily limit of withdrawal is 10 K i went to CItibank and tried to withdraw 5k using my emirates bank card so that i can deposit 4K and since im at it i figured awanna buy a pair of trousers aswell (1k) ..... then something messed up happened ...

when i key in 5k the ATM said it was unable to process my transaction .... then i went to a diff machine next to it .. i tried 4k ... and yes it worked .... but when the reciept came out ... i have 9,000 DH Debited (5K missing )

and i called the banks they said i have to fax a complaint form and send it to them ... and i will hear from them soon .... its been 5 days now ... no call from the bank ... and no 5k in my account !!! this is so messed up anyone have had the same shit from banks here ??

please share and let me know what should i do \?

majorpain2007
Dubai Forums Member

May 17, 2007
Go to your Emirates Bank Branch and Speak to the manager...
V-Man
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 17, 2007
i did and they just asked me to fill in forms .... excatly the same form the call center guys faxed me .... and they said they can t do anything but wait .... isnt that messed up ???
majorpain2007
Dubai Forums Member

May 17, 2007
majorpain2007 wrote:i did and they just asked me to fill in forms .... excatly the same form the call center guys faxed me .... and they said they can t do anything but wait .... isnt that messed up ???

You have to wait for them to do the account on the machine and look for discrepencies. Unfortunate, but you have to agree they need to be absolutely sure.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 18, 2007
Has happened a couple of times where I;ve tried to withdraw money out of an ATM not belonging to my bank, where it didn't give me the money. Basically once the bank sees the cash wasn't despensed, they readjust your account accordingly. It does take a few days.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 19, 2007
i hope so !!! ..... man 5 K is not much ... but its still 5 K !!!! and its no toy money ...... i called the bank they said my i have to wait 10 days from the time they recieve my claim ... that was last wed. and im on my 3rd day they said ...... this sucks !!!!!!!
majorpain2007
Dubai Forums Member

May 20, 2007
hehehehehe.

Man it's not the matter of 5k. I work for a bank and I dont trust the machines. My only suggestion would be either take it only from the counter in future and yeah 10 days u have to understand one thing banks like emirates bank or any other bank have a lot of customers and I mean lot. So u need to wait patiently and get it sorted. There have been cases which is pending from 2 months. The only thing you can do is chase up every alternate day and dont take your anger on the call center people because they are human beings end of the day. Its just that somewhere in the back office are tasty people who dont do their work straight.
Unknown Devil
Dubai forums Addict

May 20, 2007
Unknown Devil wrote:hehehehehe.

Man it's not the matter of 5k. I work for a bank and I dont trust the machines. My only suggestion would be either take it only from the counter in future and yeah 10 days u have to understand one thing banks like emirates bank or any other bank have a lot of customers and I mean lot. So u need to wait patiently and get it sorted. There have been cases which is pending from 2 months. The only thing you can do is chase up every alternate day and dont take your anger on the call center people because they are human beings end of the day. Its just that somewhere in the back office are tasty people who dont do their work straight.

yeah i know ...... just now they informed me that the reason why city bank didnt dispense the 5K is that the minimum dispense limit of city bank for other bank's atm is 4K ... so maybe thats the reason why emirates bank thought it went through because emirates bank's minimum dispense limit for other bank's atm is 10K .....

thats their reason ./.... but it sucks !!!! i mean why cant the central bank make ONE RULE regarding the maximum dispensing amount !!!! so that this kind of things dont happen ......

i mean in my case the need for taht money is not so urgent .... but what if it happens to a person who have a wife in the delivry room and the hospital wont deliver until he pays the required amoun (ok i dont know much about hospital payment regulation in UAE but its just an example to sgow the urgency of teh need for cash GET IT ??) just imagine the situation ... this guy who needs the cash urgently ... have to wait 10 days to get his cash back ???? can hes heavily preagnant wife wait 10 days ???
again im not stressing the point on the example i used ...

My point is ... there should be a common law or rules in regards to the maximum dispensing amount .. may it be for the same bank or a diff bank .... it should be common so stuff like this can be avoided ......

OR GET the BANKS TO OPEN 24Hrs so WE Can all get cash over the counter !!! (though this is stupid)

or atleast our banks should have a leaflet of guidlines listing diff. banks and the corresponding dispensing limit so that WE costumers wont get caught in this situation .......

this is provided there is any truth on the explanation a call center agent told me .... that Diff. banks got Difff dispensing limit .....

what do you guys think ??
majorpain2007
Dubai Forums Member

May 20, 2007
I think the machine just messed up... it happens.

Typical customer service response to invent a reason as opposed to telling the truth.

Dear sir... the machine stuffed up, it happens, it's a machine.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 20, 2007
yeah true ... i just hope to get my money back ASAP lets close this thread now ... i already got it out my chest im happy :)

damn stupid machines
majorpain2007
Dubai Forums Member

May 20, 2007
Ever heard of Democracy. Does that ring a bell. Most banks here survive on charges and not on customer service. So tough luck. There are lot issues like yours which agitate the customers and about the pregnant lady example u wont be able to do anything and trust me and trust me if something happens to the lady, u wont be able to sue the bank also or get away with it. Trust me on this. Just wait patiently and log in a complain and speak to the customer service manager. And speaking of which do u really think that Banks follow central bank rules. They always work around it

Example you hear about guys in Jail because of Bank loans. Why the hell is that. The only reason is because the salary is never transferred to the bank but yet they get the loan and later cant pay up which is a major. So if u think you are in a fuss think about everybody.

I am sorry if I was a bit rude. But thats the truth and 100 percent and believe me if the next day U.a.e becomes democratic then we can sue banks but then again who knows when that will be.
Unknown Devil
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat