Robots

Topic locked
Robots Mar 02, 2008
I notice this section is also for discussing robots. I would like to make a robot does anyone else want to? I used to watch Robot Wars on TV when I on holiday in UK and it was very entertaining.

Sheikhmo
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Robots Mar 06, 2008
Sheikhmo wrote:I notice this section is also for discussing robots. I would like to make a robot does anyone else want to? I used to watch Robot Wars on TV when I on holiday in UK and it was very entertaining.

lol sheikhmo are you trying to pull a leg here or you being real?

if you are being real visit www.mobilerobots.com and if you need help in building one yourself let me know i ll help you out ;)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 07, 2008
Hi there
I'm in, do u have a plan? and what is your experinces regarding this!!!
yasrkasem
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 07, 2008
yasr i supply these robots to ppl like you who want to do some research or make some of their own robots.

visit that website you will see what they will be able to do, from voice recognition to floor mapping.

First plan you got to buy it ;)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 08, 2008
rudeboy: thks for the web site and for the advise, some sublinks not working inside the site.
may i know how you can help in building one just for using my spare time in nice hobby!!!
thnx in advance
yasrkasem
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 08, 2008
yasrkasem wrote:rudeboy: thks for the web site and for the advise, some sublinks not working inside the site.
may i know how you can help in building one just for using my spare time in nice hobby!!!
thnx in advance

yasr these robots are expensive and we have supplied to students and even individuals such as your self who want to pursuit a certain hobby.

http://www.vexlabs.com/ these are bit cheaper and smaller and easier to use and desgined for beginners. again we supplying these robots as well and got a demo piece in my office so can show it to you. it is a nice hobby but an expensive one ;) but it is interesting you get to make various things and do you your own programming.

if you need to see the vex robot in action let me know.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 08, 2008
if you need more information about robots visit www.sanco-me.com we happen to be their agents providing sales support and service support as well.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 09, 2008
Hey RB,

know anywhere I can get:

* Solder Flux for cleaning items to be soldered.
* BASIC Stamp Controller

In the UAE?

Cheers
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 09, 2008
^ian^ wrote:Hey RB,

know anywhere I can get:

* BASIC Stamp Controller

In the UAE?

Cheers

Try contacting Bednayel Electronics, llc
No.28 Lootah Bldg 2c St
971-4-222-3105 Dubai

We might have a spare BASIC controller in our office but will need to check. which size you after and what you thinking of making? let me know so I can check if I got one that suits you.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 09, 2008
rudeboy wrote:

know anywhere I can get:

* BASIC Stamp Controller

In the UAE?

Cheers

No.28 Lootah Bldg 2c St
971-4-222-3105 Dubai

We might have a spare BASIC controller in our office but will need to check. which size you after and what you thinking of making? let me know so I can check if I got one that suits you.

I want to make a proximity detector that will connect to a PC and be used to measure distance. I was after a STAMP that could be programmed to interface between the sensor to send the distance through the USB port on the computer, so will also need the USB hookup.

Can get a kit from the USA, just wanted to see if one was available locally.

Also desperately need some solder flux.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 09, 2008
rudeboy: thnx again for the info, it seem you r an expert in these stuff,
i like the VEX roboots, and yeh it is expensive.
but what i was looking for is to build the roboot by the available materials not just buy a toy to play wz, what i need and i think Sheikhmo also is the maps for how to build a roboot and some educational material for the theory of it and how to make programming for the response and the motions need for the porpose of it.
It's may be a good idea to make something like roboot club (may be there is one here in dubai) to share knowledge and help each others to build our own roboots with unused materials may be its available or can be found in the market.
Thanks for help and wait if there is any advise.
yasrkasem
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 09, 2008
^ian^ wrote:
rudeboy wrote:

know anywhere I can get:

* BASIC Stamp Controller

In the UAE?

Cheers

No.28 Lootah Bldg 2c St
971-4-222-3105 Dubai

I want to make a proximity detector that will connect to a PC and be used to measure distance. I was after a STAMP that could be programmed to interface between the sensor to send the distance through the USB port on the computer, so will also need the USB hookup.

Can get a kit from the USA, just wanted to see if one was available locally.

Also desperately need some solder flux.

hmmm for the flux try the company in Dubai who knows they might have the stamp you need as well. We havent got the small kits but we got huge robots. sorry but if i do get hold a stamp will let you know.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 09, 2008
yasrkasem wrote:rudeboy: thnx again for the info, it seem you r an expert in these stuff,
i like the VEX roboots, and yeh it is expensive.
but what i was looking for is to build the roboot by the available materials not just buy a toy to play wz, what i need and i think Sheikhmo also is the maps for how to build a roboot and some educational material for the theory of it and how to make programming for the response and the motions need for the porpose of it.
It's may be a good idea to make something like roboot club (may be there is one here in dubai) to share knowledge and help each others to build our own roboots with unused materials may be its available or can be found in the market.
Thanks for help and wait if there is any advise.

yasr you can buy parts and using those parts make your own robot. but like u can see with Ian the problem is locally no one is supplying the small parts like stamps or the circuits to make the robots. and when you do have someone like me who is supplying robotic kits they will never supply the smaller parts :(.

The vex kit is expensive but with the kit you wont have the problem to go finding supplier for the servos or the recievers etc cos they all come in the kit. It is expensive but great place to start your hobby if you know NOTHING about robotics or programming. They are bit like the Lego robots you get but the difference between the vex and lego is that the vex is made up of solid metal parts and arent fragile like the lego ones.

some videos of the vex on youtube.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVSFt2qb ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16TIPabU ... re=related

I have got the complete kit with me so can show it to you if you want me to.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 09, 2008
yasr there are clubs but within universities. AUS and Al ain university has robots club where the students copy the robots we supplied to them and then make their own and change it around by adding a cam or GPRS. there is even a student who has added a gun to his robot :D so you can do alot once you pick up the basics of robotic and programming.

outside the universities am not aware of any robot clubs :( but if you are into robot am guessing you might be into Radio Control toys maybe ;). There are clubs for the Radio Control toys.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 09, 2008
Great help Rudeboy, and useful links, i sent to you a PM, wait your reply.
Regards
yasrkasem
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 11, 2008
Hi all,
Rudeboy, it seem u didnt got the PM, so, i'm interisting to check out the kit, can u plz give me some info like the content and price ?
Thnx
yasrkasem
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 20, 2008
yasrkasem wrote:Hi all,
Rudeboy, it seem u didnt got the PM, so, i'm interisting to check out the kit, can u plz give me some info like the content and price ?
Thnx

Hi Yasr, I did get your pm and i will send you a pm just now. sorry am currently flying so couldnt reply back earilier on. I will pm you my colleagues number so you can talk to him and probably visit him as well.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk