U.S. Uni. Graduate W/ No Experience Looking For A Job. Help!

Topic locked
U.S. uni. graduate w/ no experience looking for a job. Help! Apr 13, 2007
I know I have experience in life. I got where I am today because of my own initiatives. This, however, I can't put in a resume. Employers look for experience in working in other companies, of which I only have little.

I don't expect a lot of money. I should be happy with 6,000 Dhs a month. I don't think this is a lot to ask, especially that I was a signature away from a 13,000 Dhs job in Saudi Arabia. I turned it down because I don't wanna live there.

What do you people recommend? Where does an Arizona State University graduate with no "resume experience" look for jobs? I've tried bayt.com and today I contacted about 10 banks with resumes and cover letters, hinting to the fact that I'm not expecting to be paid a lot, but still willing to provide great service for my employer in order to build my name and resume. I was being realistic. You think I might get a good response?

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY RESUME

msafi
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 13, 2007
Hello Msafi,

From my experience bayt.com sucks! try gulftalent.com
techsource2005
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 18, 2007
my resume now is posted for 23 recruitmnet agencies and i got nothing fron them..anyone wanna know them am ready to send the links
doaa
Dubai Forum Guest

Apr 18, 2007
I have one more trick up my sleeve. I'm gonna try to contact my embassy and ask for their help. They think I have a good reason to be here (i.e in the UAE), so I hope they'll sympathize and help me find a job.

BTW, what's the average response time from employers after they have your resume? The job offer I talked about in the OP took one month after they received my resume...Well, it took more than that, but the first interview took that long.
msafi
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 18, 2007
D.O.B: 25-April-1982
Nationality: Saudi Arabia

OBJECTIVE
A success driven, American university graduate with sharp awareness of international business practices seeking a position to contribute a diversified set of business, people, and technical expertise to a competitive and future oriented organization

EDUCATION
Bachelor of Science, Computer Information Systems
W.P. Carey School of Business
Arizona State University, Tempe May 2006
GPA: 3.16/4

LANGUAGE
Highly proficient in both English and Arabic

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AT XXX Company, Project Manager & In-house technical support October 2006 – April 2007
Company Theme and Re-branding
+ Communicated company values and nature of activities to artists in order to design a new company logo that embodies the company’s spirit
+ Researched design firms and negotiated for low fees while still delivering creativity and quality
+ Re-designed company signage to provide better brand recognition and effectiveness

Exploitation of Information Technology
+ Handled the creation of a localized Internet domain name and provided company employees with professional looking email addresses to replace the generic email addresses previously used
+ Trained company employees on generating Microsoft Excel tables from electronic reports and using them

In-house Technical Support
+ Provided quick and convenient technical troubleshooting and fixed network and computer related problems

ACADEMIC PROJECTS
Legal Research, Report and Presentation, Legal, Ethical, and Regulatory Issues in Business --- Spring 2006
+ Utilized library and online sources to research a political scandal by former U.S. congressman Tom DeLay and identified the specific law articles that were violated
+ Reported on the findings by preparing a highly precise and organized document
+ Presented the findings coherently to a large audience

Business Processes Analysis (Team Project), Enterprise Process Analysis and Design --- Spring 2005
+ Interviewed business owners and recorded business processes information
+ Analyzed business processes in order to determine security weaknesses
+ Presented analysis findings using Microsoft Powerpoint®

Database Design Team Project, Business Database Concepts --- Fall 2005
+ Coordinated the team members to effectively accomplish the technical requirements of the project
+ Maintained an SQL database via Microsoft SQL Query Analyzer and Access®
+ Modeled the Entity Relationship (ER) diagrams for the database

Financial Analysis Team Project, Financial Accounting --- Spring 2003
+ Analyzed financial statements for McDonald’s Co. and Jack in The Box
+ Compiled analysis results in a professionally written report
msafi
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted