Spencer: Still Avoiding Debate

Topic locked
Spencer: Still Avoiding Debate Oct 25, 2010
Danios of Loonwatch.com has updated the topic with a devastating article exposing Bob Spencer of JihadWatch's hypocrisy.

He quotes Ahmad Rehab of Cair who also points out Spencer's hypocrisy:
And now for some irony. Spencer, you are claiming you are ready to debate anyone but that alas no one wants to debate you because no one can. But, is this actually true? Does the name Danios of Loonwatch ring a bell Spencer? You may be burying your head in the sand hoping no one will notice, but a simple Google search on “Robert Spencer debate” reveals your hypocrisy. How come you are ignoring an invitation from another blogger who has challenged you numerous times and whose articles shredding your arguments to pieces are all over the web without a peep of a rebuttal from you? Are you conceding defeat? Are you “running away?”

(Danios ponders in his article whether Bob has an inferiority complex against good looking guys - and this reminds us that event horizon has posted twice a photo of a bare chested Rehab instead of addressing what the guy said. Curiouser and curiouser! ;) )

Anyway, it does appear that the 'Guru' can't (after all) handle a direct discussion of his views on Islam.

Danios' full article is here:
http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/10/intern ... of-debate/

Cheers,
Shafique

shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Spencer: Still Avoiding Debate Oct 25, 2010
People who project such bovine excrement really cannot debate anyone of substance, they usually like to hog the limelight alone and spill out their unchallenged rethoric as fact.

Although this has caught my curiousity wheter he has actualy ever debated anyone, google here I come.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Let us know what your research turns up.

He's apparently doing quite well (financially) out of his work though... as SpencerWatch.com highlighted, Bob's 'boss' is David Horowitz - and he gave Spencer a cool $132,537 for blogging:
http://spencerwatch.com/about-david-hor ... cers-boss/

:shock:

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

hmmm...came up with zilch except a 30 min debate with dinesh dzouza on Youtube.
desertdudeshj

Re: Spencer: Still Avoiding Debate Oct 26, 2010
His appearance on the ABC discussion programme recently was quite brief, and even there he was embarrassed by Rehab.

But I think he is canny - he should indeed keep away from debates with those who can expose him, this is his only source of income it appears (he's a full-time loon).

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Spencer: Still Avoiding Debate Nov 21, 2010
The on-going saga has a new twist. As we go past 150 days of avoidance, the excuses on JW are becoming more desperate.. click through to the loonwatch page for details.. the comments are well worth reading too.

:)

Robert Spencer of JihadWatch Becomes Desperate Against LoonWatch

http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/11/robert ... loonwatch/
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

They should have just stuck to the first couple of paragraphs and maybe just two examples at best. After than the article just keeps on droning and loses what ever impact it made and makes for a long boring and horrible read.

But it does show its getting under the skin of Rob, which I think is a good thing.
desertdudeshj

^ I agree - one or two examples would have been enough. They do like to be thorough though... but as you say, this sometimes lessens the impact. (I skipped through to the comments after a few examples... always fun to see what JihadBob has to say.. ;) )

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Spencer: Still Avoiding Debate Dec 27, 2010
Perhaps eh can give us an update on this debate, now that Spencer seems to have resurfaced?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Spencer: Still Avoiding Debate Jan 06, 2011
A dicky bird told me that one of Guru Bob's disciples was stating that Muslims can only 'name-call' the pseudo-scholar Spencer (who hasn't actually read the Quran, or knows Arabic). (eh is on my foe list now)

That was weird, I thought, given the fact that he's refusing to follow through on this challenge for a debate on his discredited views on Islam.

Are they two Bob Spencers and two JihadWatches??

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk