Ya'll Knew About Yemen's Blockade, Right?

Topic locked
Ya'll knew about Yemen's blockade, right? Jun 04, 2010
Well, I didn't. I must have missed the chorus of condemnation by leftists, Muslims and other 'humanitarians' over the past seventeen days or something or other.

As usual, I got the scoop from a right-of-center source.

Just wondering if anyone else was keeping up with the blockade, perhaps shafique can give us an earful about it ?

As Yemen’s blockade on southern Yemen enters its third week, stocks of food, medicine and oil have dwindled to dangerous levels. Prices have skyrocketed and already malnourished children bear the brunt of the military action.

The blockade began 17 days ago when the Western Armored Division established new checkpoints on roads and at city entrances preventing the flow of persons and commerce including food, medicine, oil and water. The blockade has cut off Radfan, Yafea, al Dhala, al Melah, al Habeelan, al Shaib, Gahaf, Lazarik, and parts of Shabwah.

The main road between Aden and al Dahlie is closed. Al Habaleen, Lahj was indiscriminately shelled three days ago after two soldiers were killed in an ambush. Another ambush in al Melah killed one soldier, and authorities have accused renegade elements of the southern independence movement with the attacks.

Nearly one thousand have fled Radfan, al Habaleen and al Bilah seeking safety. Like the 250,000 internally displaced by the Sa’ada War, these are mostly women and children. On May 24, a pregnant woman en route to a hospital in Aden was stopped at a military checkpoint and later died in childbirth.

Reports indicate a heavy military mobilization including tanks and armored personnel carriers. As during the Saada war, a total media blackout is in place, often accomplished by the arrest of southern journalists. An American journalist was expelled from Yemen last week after visiting Yafee, a center of southern resistance.

Yemen’s conduct of the Saada war generated 250,000 internal refugees with arbitrary aerial bombing of civilian areas and a strict blockade of food, medicine and international aid.

http://www.examiner.com/x-36012-Yemen-H ... d-violence

event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Ya'll knew about Yemen's blockade, right? Jun 04, 2010
Poor people of Yemen, just have to bear the burden of global strategic games..I think they too need a new flotilla operation to break the ruthless tentions between the west and the east..

Civil War in Yemen: The Extension of Tension Between Sheah and Sunni in the Middle East
http://www.orsam.org.tr/en/showArticle.aspx?ID=81

Obama's Yemeni Odyssey Targets China
http://www.wpfdc.org/en/analytical-mate ... ets-china-
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Ya'll Knew About Yemen's Blockade, Right? Jun 05, 2010

So true. So true.
RobbyG

Re: Ya'll knew about Yemen's blockade, right? Jun 06, 2010

http://www.dula.tv/blog/wp-content/uplo ... ng-Sex.jpg

Replace the word love with s3x in the URL bar as net nanny can't help itself :mrgreen:
desertdudeshj

Re: Ya'll Knew About Yemen's Blockade, Right? Jun 06, 2010
And there you have a complete misrepresentation of Atheist thought, pictured above.

Atheist look to their inside for moral and ethical values. When they aren't capable of carrying that responsibility, they should think twice and remain a fearful believer for guidance from above. :D

Being an Atheist requires character and carries strong individual responsibility. ;)
RobbyG

No, what you can say is that as an atheist thats how you think. You can't speak for all. I'm sure there have been many criminals who were atheists who dont think that way. Who the fug cares ? There is no god why should I have not killed, raped and stolen WHY is it wrong just because you said so ! Bah !

You know you have a complete right to beileve in what you beileve but what you dont have a right to is constantly belittling and behaving in a condesending manner to people who don't believe in your line of thought.

Makes you just as "bad" as the people you constantly belittle. Its like a jew saying to a Muslim. My god is better than your god ! You just put your spin to it. I am better than all of you and your gods because you are idiots in believeing in something I don't believe in.

So you see how stupid that sounds, well thats you. So your just as guilty of what you blame others for. Relax mate you really dont need to be pushing it all the time.
desertdudeshj

Sorry I hurt your feelings. Just stating my view of a proper Atheist. No offense DD. Just as I see it.
RobbyG

No need to appologise, and you didn't hurt my feelings and i'm too thick skinned for something like an online forum to get upset about anyways. Its sometimes we just dont see what we ourselves are doing. I was just letting you see the view from another mans shoes.

Cheers 8)
desertdudeshj

Infidel(s). :lol: :D :lol:
RobbyG

Well again, this is the first I've heard of this blockade.

I have to hand it to right wing internet blogs, because there's no way any other news medium has mentioned this.

What about you, rob and berrin, was this the first time for ya'll too?
event horizon

My first too.

As you can see, the economic sanctions are effective. People are suffering like Starvin Marvins.
I haven't seen any humanitarians heading over to Yemen. Where's the Free Yemen charity? Anyone?
RobbyG

desertdudeshj wrote:No, what you can say is that as an atheist thats how you think. You can't speak for all. I'm sure there have been many criminals who were atheists who dont think that way. Who the fug cares ? There is no god why should I have not killed, raped and stolen WHY is it wrong just because you said so ! Bah !

You know you have a complete right to beileve in what you beileve but what you dont have a right to is constantly belittling and behaving in a condesending manner to people who don't believe in your line of thought.

Makes you just as "bad" as the people you constantly belittle. Its like a jew saying to a Muslim. My god is better than your god ! You just put your spin to it. I am better than all of you and your gods because you are idiots in believeing in something I don't believe in.

So you see how stupid that sounds, well thats you. So your just as guilty of what you blame others for. Relax mate you really dont need to be pushing it all the time.

DD, if he hasn't gotten it by now he never will. I lost count of how many ways you have tried to get the message across to him, but it's hard to hit a moving target. As you know, I've said my piece to him a couple of times. Difference between his responses to you and me is that I got name calling, and with you he just backs out of the room slowly. :)
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

^^^Granny hag seeks attention, but ain't getting mine anymore. :)
RobbyG

RobbyG wrote:^^^Granny hag seeks attention, but ain't getting mine anymore. :)

Hey sticky fingers, a bit PREMATURE don't you think? I was addressing my post to DD not to you dipsh*t.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

DD doesn't care what you think about me. OR what you try with me.

Move on and stay on topic. People don't care what message you try to get accross to me. Me neither.

Lets hope it resonates with you this time around... ;)
RobbyG

RobbyG wrote:DD doesn't care what you think about me. OR what you try with me.

Move on and stay on topic. People don't care what message you try to get accross to me. Me neither.

Lets hope it resonates with you this time around... ;)

Rob, you need to move on. You have been stuck in the same position sitting at your computer for the past 2 years. Clearly you can't take rejection well - your nasty posts are evidence of that. You really need to get over it. Sadly you can't take a hint. You have become nothing more than an irritation and an annoyance to people on DF. Funny, you don't have the same response to DD after what he had to say. :lol:

As far as what I think of you - actually I draw a blank on that. Guess it means you don't matter enough for me to have a thought about you. :roll:

As for staying on topic, I see you think you are the only one who can take a thread off topic, such as you did in this one earlier on.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Haha, delusional as always.

Excellent, back on topic.
RobbyG

RobbyG wrote:Haha, delusional as always.

Yes, you are.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

The Saudi's do exactly what the Israeli's are doing: Naval blockade.

Saudis bomb rebels, blockade Yemeni coast
Offensive raises concerns of new proxy war pitting Tehran against Riyadh

updated 10:51 a.m. ET Nov. 10, 2009

CAIRO - Saudi Arabia on Tuesday imposed a naval blockade on the Red Sea coast of northern Yemen to combat Shiite rebels along its border, an adviser to the government said, in the latest escalation of fighting in the southern Arabian peninsula.

The Saudi move comes as Iran, the region's dominant Shiite power accused by the Arabs of backing the rebels, warned neighboring countries not to interfere in Yemen's internal affairs.

The adviser said Saudi warships had been ordered to search any suspected ship sailing near the Yemeni coast. He spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the media. Saudi-owned Al-Arabiya satellite television also reported the blockade.

Shiite rebels in northern Yemen, known as Hawthis, have been fighting the Yemeni government for the past five years, but in recent months the violence has flared up and even crossed the border into Saudi Arabia.

The blockade comes after several days of Saudi airstrikes against the rebels, which continued Tuesday.

Prince Khaled bin Sultan, the assistant defense minister, said Tuesday the rebels must "withdraw dozens of kilometers" inside Yemen before the Saudi army would halt its assault.

'Internal issues'
Both Yemen and Saudi Arabia have been accusing Iran of sending weapons and money to the Shiite rebels. Iran denies the charge and even warned against outside involvement in the impoverished country.

"The regional countries and especially the neighboring countries, we recommend seriously they not interfere in the internal issues of Yemen and instead try to restore stability in Yemen," said Iranian Foreign Minister Manochehr Mottaki on Tuesday.

The offensive has immediately raised concerns of another proxy war in the Middle East between Iran and Saudi Arabia, a key U.S. ally. Shiite Iran is believed to favor the rebels in Yemen while Saudi Arabia, which is Sunni, is Iran's fiercest regional rival.

The same dynamic has played out in various forms in Lebanon, where Iran supports the Shiite militant Hezbollah and Saudi Arabia favors a U.S.-backed faction, and in Iraq, where Saudi Arabia and Iran have thrown support to conflicting sides in the Sunni-Shiite struggle.

For their part, the Hawthis have denied being backed by any of the regional players.

"We have no connection with any foreign side," said Yemeni rebel leader Abdel-Maliki al-Hawthi, in an audio statement sent to news agencies Tuesday.

The rebels also confirmed that Saudi air strikes were continuing, saying new villages had been hit deep inside Yemen, killing two women.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33826859/ns ... tn_africa/

The Examiner is the only source I can find that talks about the Yemeni Army blocking the South, causing massive starvation way worse than the absence of some goods to Gaza.
RobbyG

^We should send in the Turks, Malaysian and Irish (and the UN). (seriously)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Yeah, how do you think the Saudi's would handle the Yemen Flotilla when it rejects access to Yemeni coastal waters?

Would it give out vouchers for a free port treatment for use in the distant future? :D
RobbyG

Right is right and wrong is wrong. If this is truly the case then this blockade is illegal aswell. Hopefully someone will have the gaul to try to breach it and maybe get global coverage on this sad situation.

Collective punishment is cruel and illegal.
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Image

http://www.dula.tv/blog/wp-content/uplo ... g-love.jpg

Replace the word love with s3x in the URL bar as net nanny can't help itself :mrgreen:

So U are syaing religious people do not do any of the above (which actually they do alot!!) just because they are scared of some ultimate moral authority? they can not distiguish right from wrong? They can not understand human's accumulated knowledge and philosophy in moral and ethics? if they were not soooo scared that some power would punish them, what would they trun into?

Interesting!

Sorry for being off topic, but that post would not add any value to religious people.
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

And neither of G's to atheists people. Make you all look like a arrogant and cocky lot. That was the point of my whole post that G behaves exactly what he blames the theists of. As that poster does not protray atheists correctly neither does he.

There is a fine line between being smart and being cocky and idiotic and G is very frequently know to make incursions to the cocky side !

More and more recently ;)
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Right is right and wrong is wrong. If this is truly the case then this blockade is illegal aswell. Hopefully someone will have the gaul to try to breach it and maybe get global coverage on this sad situation.

Collective punishment is cruel and illegal.

Dude, you sound like a lefty now. We can't save the whole world from their troubles. If everybody started focussing on their own internal affairs then the world would be a lot saver. The ones who want war can eradicate themselves and the ones who live peacefully, prosper.

For once I agree with Iran, saying that countries should stay out of Yemen's internal affairs. If they want a civil war, let them have it. But no, the US needs to interfere again and so we get another terrorist faction that blames the US for meddling in internal affairs.
RobbyG

Re: Ya'll knew about Yemen's blockade, right? Jun 07, 2010
melika969 wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:Image

http://www.dula.tv/blog/wp-content/uplo ... g-love.jpg

So U are syaing religious people do not do any of the above (which actually they do alot!!) just because they are scared of some ultimate moral authority? they can not distiguish right from wrong? They can not understand human's accumulated knowledge and philosophy in moral and ethics? if they were not soooo scared that some power would punish them, what would they trun into?

Interesting!

Sorry for being off topic, but that post would not add any value to religious people.

Why bother Mel!
Let the facts speak for themselves:-

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/ ... key=114275
(Liberals and atheists have higher IQ's apparently)

The fact of the matter is that atheists have a conscience and a respect for humanity as a whole. Unlike most religious who believe that doing good is a requisite to avoid a harsh judgment after death. So religious at times feel it's ok to abuse those of other religion's as they believe that God would'nt mind and are hence more susceptible to being mislead.
You Tube has a lot to say on the subject!

-- Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:53 pm --

desertdudeshj wrote:And neither of G's to atheists people. Make you all look like a arrogant and cocky lot. That was the point of my whole post that G behaves exactly what he blames the theists of. As that poster does not protray atheists correctly neither does he.

There is a fine line between being smart and being cocky and idiotic and G is very frequently know to make incursions to the cocky side !

More and more recently ;)

Lol Robby arrogant and cocky? If anything the discussions over the past weeks on this forum has proved Robby to be very cool, calm and honest. He doesn't take himself to seriously and is willing to admit when wrong...Unlike you DD all the while it's you who has been aggressive, most certainly cocky and definitely insulting. So there you Go! Just an impartial observance! :D :D
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Misery Called Life wrote:
Lol Robby arrogant and cocky? If anything the discussions over the past weeks on this forum has proved Robby to be very cool, calm and honest. He doesn't take himself to seriously and is willing to admit when wrong...Unlike you DD all the while it's you who has been aggressive, most certainly cocky and definitely insulting. So there you Go! Just an impartial observance! :D :D

LoL. My main man. 8)

ps: You forgot to mention I'm authorative. Nobody teaches me shit but one can try and influence me though. :D
Oopss, little bit cocky after all. :mrgreen:
RobbyG

The fact of the matter is that atheists have a conscience and a respect for humanity as a whole. Unlike most religious who believe that doing good is a requisite to avoid a harsh judgment after death.

So far the whole world is being ruled by the secular atheist ar.seoles who warship money and power, in return we have at least 80% of humanity lives on less than $10 a day in the rest of the world..
http://www.globalissues.org/article/26/ ... -and-stats

To me this poverty and its consequences (rape, robbery, murder, torture, pedophilia, tax evasion, racketeering, theft, arson, embazzlement, drug distribution, kidnapping, lying, sex slaving) are true reflection of atheism...Who is an atheist? The worldly god..Somebody only engages himself in worldy affairs to his/her best advantage couse there is no other than himself to be accountable to..

And who would stop himself and think twice before going overboard? A theist who thinks that he carries a soul which we'll be questionable, something that atheist can never explain..

Lol Robby arrogant and cocky?

Is this a situation in which dumbs and deafs entertain eachother?
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Ya'll Knew About Yemen's Blockade, Right? Jun 07, 2010
It is quite remarkable that one theist can release so much bull-poo out in the open.

Berrinboy, go wash your mouth. You don't know what you're saying.
RobbyG

washed the mouth, now hail Berrin...
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk