What Is The Average Cost Of Health Insurance In Dubai?

Topic locked
What is the average cost of health insurance in Dubai? May 31, 2008
I am considering applying for work as an ESL teacher in Dubai, and I want to get an idea how much I would probably spend on health insurance, to give me a better idea about my cost of living. Can someone please tell me?

Winston
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jun 02, 2008
there is governement medical "assistance" which at the moment is mandatory by law. this is included under your labou card. it entitles you access and assitance to one of the public/ government hospitals for a very nominal cost. the quality of the health care is not brillaint, although probably better than most national health systems.

private medical insurance. try and haggle with your employer to include or at least subsidise the cost of this as part of your package. private insurance can be expensive, depending on the underwriter, package and number of members on your "card". most of the private medical insurances are internationaly written (such as BUPA).
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Jun 17, 2008
dbxsoul wrote:there is governement medical "assistance" which at the moment is mandatory by law. this is included under your labou card. it entitles you access and assitance to one of the public/ government hospitals for a very nominal cost. the quality of the health care is not brillaint, although probably better than most national health systems.

private medical insurance. try and haggle with your employer to include or at least subsidise the cost of this as part of your package. private insurance can be expensive, depending on the underwriter, package and number of members on your "card". most of the private medical insurances are internationaly written (such as BUPA).

Thanks! This is useful information. :)
Winston
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jun 18, 2008
dbxsoul wrote:there is governement medical "assistance" which at the moment is mandatory by law. this is included under your labou card.

Er, is it? Don't you have to get a separate health card (for 300 or something dirhams)?
And mandatory in Dubai I thought was coming, but not yet. Only Abu Dhabi so far?
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 18, 2008
?

that's what i mean, your governement health card, which is mandatory. they are looking at making private medical insurance (such as BUPA) mandatory and dropping the health card system (they've been talking about if for the last 2 years odd) - removing the health burden from the government and placing it on the employer (contributions) and an insurance underwriter...
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Re: What is the average cost of health insurance in Dubai? Jun 25, 2008
Winston wrote:I am considering applying for work as an ESL teacher in Dubai, and I want to get an idea how much I would probably spend on health insurance, to give me a better idea about my cost of living. Can someone please tell me?

Check with the guys at http://www.PacificPrime.com I think they have an office in Dubai, but I called their HK office. They're brokers so they are able to offer a wide range of policies from major insurers. Very friendly guys.
ahsu7
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum