Need Advise On House Maid Issue

Topic locked
Need Advise on House Maid Issue Aug 31, 2006
My old part timer that I dearly loved and so wanted to be my full timer, has contacted me from Philipines and wants to come back and be sponsored by my husband and myself.

I understand due to her unhappiness here with her old sponsor, she chose to go back to her homeland while I was in states for summer time break. She is wanting to come back here to our home, and me sponsor her. Is the ban lifted on housemaids?????? I read in the paper that it was, does it depend on what her old sponsor said on her paperwork when she was sent away?????????? Please advise, if you have any information on this subject.........would like to get her back over here.

dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 31, 2006
we have a few house maids....as well as about everyone else that i know, so i would say yes, it shouldnt be a problem, it doesnt really matter what the old sponsor said; well i mean unless the person killed someone but thats a different story....but i could be wrong (hopefully im not)
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 31, 2006
No sure about this but I think that it has to do with the time that person spend working for the sponsor typically 1 year (which may be different for maids - don't know). I believe the employer will have the right to "object" if you left before the one year. The theory being that an employer should not spend all the funds to sponsor someone who will just quit and move on to another job, etc.

So a good start will be to find out how long she worked for the previous sponsor and whether there is any 'objection" on her passport. From them the sponsorship should be easy as it seems I am the only fool cleaning his own toilet!

Then again, maybe you can just send her the money and do the work yourself (although it would cut down on post on DF) :wink: :wink: :wink:
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 31, 2006
Well, that is helpful..........thank you very much. I know she did not do her entire year here (it was her first rodeo) as she was not treated well by her madame (Ama drama) as I understand. I really wanted her to do her year, then I could transfer her to me, but her sponsor pulled the plug on her unexpectedly knowing she did not want to stay with her....The lady quarentined her and treated her like $hit.........and I really believe it.

She was here for about 10 months. I was waiting for her sister in law to get back into town (this week sometime) to try to find out some of the information that is needed to seek help and she is not back in Dubai yet. I have an opportunity to hire someone else (as I too have been doing all of the cleaning of the villa for over year, and need a babysitter for my precious bassett hound when we are away) and don't know what to do. Would like old one, but I have procrastinated far too long!!!

If you think of anything else that might help, please do.
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 31, 2006
ban for housemaids and drivers employed on private sponsorship is 1 year (not 6 months as with other catagories). it would depend on how and on what contract she was employed in the first place and under whose sponsorship.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Aug 31, 2006
Thanks Dbx.......
Got her full name, passport number, and DOB today. Will have PRO make a call or go down and find out the scoop. You are right, but am trying to pursue this if possible. Will let you know. They will find out on Sunday............fingers crossed...
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 31, 2006
I'll dogsit for you! 1,000 dhs per day and lots of biscuts!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 04, 2006
Cute reply, Concord. My dog would be so happy if you look like your avatar!!! She will think you are our other dog left behind!!! Do have lots of biscuits, beer, and a pool to lounge in. You can dog sit anytime!
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 05, 2006
dubai girl wrote:Cute reply, Concord. My dog would be so happy if you look like your avatar!!! She will think you are our other dog left behind!!! Do have lots of biscuits, beer, and a pool to lounge in. You can dog sit anytime!

You forgot about the 1,000 dhs per day :wink: Grooming is expensive in Dubai you know 8) How else could I keep this (<<<<<<<<<<) shinny coat :wink:
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum