How & Where To Get The UAE ID Card

Topic locked
How & Where to get the UAE ID Card Jun 06, 2007
Everywhere I go, everyone ask me for ID Card. I am here on a spouse/residence visa. He has a work permit but I don't, so in this case am I suppose to hold a ID card? If so, how & where do I need to get it from?

Mumof2
Dubai Forums Member

Re: How & Where to get the UAE ID Card Jun 06, 2007
Mumof2 wrote:Everywhere I go, everyone ask me for ID Card. I am here on a spouse/residence visa. He has a work permit but I don't, so in this case am I suppose to hold a ID card? If so, how & where do I need to get it from?

Don't you have a passport? That is the ultimate "ID Card". I've never been asked for "ID Card" other than passport, drivers license. I don't know that one exists. There is a thing called "health card" which you can used for public health facilities but if you have insurance thru your employer you would have no use for it (in fact I have no idea where mine is - never needed or been asked for it).

I might be wrong but...
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 06, 2007
Yes I do have a passport with UAE Visa until 2009 but I don't carry my passport wherever I go (within Dubai). In some places, they ask me for my ID & I show my health-card (coz' that is the only card I hold it in my purse beside the bank cards) but they don't accept it! That is why I am wondering??? No I haven't got the driving license yet, 5th attempt next week! It sucks!
Mumof2
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 06, 2007
Mumof2 wrote:Yes I do have a passport with UAE Visa until 2009 but I don't carry my passport wherever I go (within Dubai). In some places, they ask me for my ID & I show my health-card (coz' that is the only card I hold it in my purse beside the bank cards) but they don't accept it! That is why I am wondering??? No I haven't got the driving license yet, 5th attempt next week! It sucks!

Good luck with your drivers license test. I carry my passort with me always.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mumof2 wrote:Everywhere I go, everyone ask me for ID Card. I am here on a spouse/residence visa. He has a work permit but I don't, so in this case am I suppose to hold a ID card? If so, how & where do I need to get it from?

Where on earth do you go?
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 06, 2007
Mumof2 wrote:Yes I do have a passport with UAE Visa until 2009 but I don't carry my passport wherever I go (within Dubai). In some places, they ask me for my ID & I show my health-card (coz' that is the only card I hold it in my purse beside the bank cards) but they don't accept it! That is why I am wondering??? No I haven't got the driving license yet, 5th attempt next week! It sucks!

Passport copy is enough. Although I'm not sure where you are trying to use it. A national ID system is about to be implemented soon, but I think you can already get one now from dedicated gov centres.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

The National ID system is currently being organized through the Emirates Postal Service, although as far as I am being told is is not yet available to Ex-patriates. If this is really causing you a problem, you should get yourself an "E-Gate" card, this will be accepted as an I.D. because it is issued by the Government and it has your photo as well as your name in English and Arabic, you can obtain same by going with your Passport to the Airport where it will be processed on the spot for you, I think it is Dhs. 200.00.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jun 06, 2007
Check with Emirates Identity Authority, ID system is applicable for both nationals and expatriates.

I will have mine soon.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 07, 2007
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: How & Where to get the UAE ID Card Jun 07, 2007
^ian^ wrote:Where on earth do you go?

So far I have been to Banks/Money-exchange counters/Institutes and few shops to make membership/discount cards & etc. Just thought it would be easier to present an UAE ID card than carrying PP around. :roll:

Thank you all for your advice. I'll try the link and see if I can get it.
Mumof2
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 09, 2007
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum