Giving Gifts In Ramadan

Giving gifts in Ramadan Posted Aug 27, 2009
Hello all

I'm in a fix on how to go about this. My sponsor( I have a llc business) is a real nice person and he is an absolute gentleman to deal it.

I'm not sure about how to go about giving gifts or greeting him during ramadan. What would be the best thing to do?

The common thing I hear is call after 8-9PM and meet them at their home or at a place and give them dates, gifts and wishes. Is this how it is done? What kind of gifts are usually given? I know it depends on the person giving and taking but generally are they silverware? electronics? or something else?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

wannabelean
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Posted Aug 27, 2009
I prefer to give gifts during Eid.

As to what do you give, I normally give my female friends scarves or shawls stuff I get from back home, something not easliy available here.

For the guys, well maybe cufflinks, or a night out something like that.

In a formal situation depending on ur budget presuming he's a married man, try some household items. Like maybe a crystal show piece, a rug? Something for the house. Better still if you can personalise the gift with something unique to ur culture.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Posted Aug 27, 2009
Hi wannabelean!

Please check out our Ramadan / Eid Gifts Collection 2009 - http://moka-group.com/store/ramadan-eid-gifts-2009.html

From my business experience for this season Ramadan / Eid corporate gift giving almost always go for generous gift hampers so that the recipient could share it with their immediate family (sharing, generosity for Ramadan / Eid)

Just an idea.

Thanks,

Sheryl
farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Posted Sep 13, 2009
Should it be given during fasting? or after iftar?

Thank you
wannabelean
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Posted Sep 14, 2009
If you are planning to give gifts which are food items, you have to time it after sun-down, if possible.

You have to remember that they are fasting during the day.

The best time to give a gift is after Ramadan, during the Eid celebrations.

Hope that helps!

x
farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Posted Sep 14, 2009
Thanks guys for clearing that!
wannabelean
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules
1 Dubai Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Dubai

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum