Last Time Sinterklaas In Dubai This Year?

Topic locked
Last time Sinterklaas in Dubai this year? Oct 22, 2013
Every year, Sinterklaas also arrives in Dubai...until now.

UN chef on racism Verene Shepherd demanded that Holland must stop this almost two centuries old tradition immediately, because Sinterklaas is white (according to the tradition he is actually Turkish, but the UN doesnot seem to care about facts) and Pete is black (Pete is black because he travel through chimneys by the way). I guess a black Sinterklaas with white female Polish Petes would be more ok... :D ...or on second thought, that will also be considered stereotyping by some.
Oh, and Verene with all her wisdom uses the argument why the Dutch need two Santa Clauses anyway. Fact flash for the UN, Dutch families donot celebrate Santa Clause, and what if we did.

So this year might be the last year that Sinterklaas will be in Dubai. In the absurd craziness in this discussion, I can seriously see this going to a vote in the Security Council.

For me Every Pete is welcome, white, black, red or whatever, some however only want to ban Black Pete...

How did Morgan Freeman put it? "In oder to stop racism, you have to stop talking about it."

FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat