Help Booking A Cruise.

Topic locked
Help booking a cruise. Oct 30, 2012
Might be a long shot but does anyone know where to find the best deal for a cruise to dubai, my brother wants to come and visit when i move to here next year, but he is terrified of flying. he is coming from the u.k :)
any help will be greatly appreciated, cheers :)

themanjad21
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Help Booking A Cruise. Oct 30, 2012
That sounds like an expensive alternative! A girl I work with was just asking me about a hotel in Dubai this morning, her brother has booked a cruise and it does a 4 day stop over in Dubai. I'm not sure that you will get a cruise that does a longer stop over. She is 'out to lunch' at the moment. I'll ask her some details when she gets back.

Is he that scared of flying? I'd rather pay £335 and be scared for 7 hours that £000s on a cruise.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Yeah he is pretty scared, he had to be sedated the last time he went on a plane, plus he is rich too so it would really bother him, that four day thing sounds good too, would you be able to get me more infor on that please? :)
themanjad21
Dubai Expat Wannabe

themanjad21 wrote:he had to be sedated the last time he went on a plane

That's pretty bad. I suggest taking a train to Italy or Greece and take a cruise/ferry from there via Suez.
FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

FlyingDutchman , yeah thats what i told him to do, but he said that he might aswell make a holiday out of it too, so im going to be on the phone today looking to book something for him :L
themanjad21
Dubai Expat Wannabe

I'm back with more info :P

He is cruising down to Dubai via the Suez Canal, the ship (The Queen Mary - that's big!) calls in to Dubai where him and his wife get off (disembarks is the proper expression I think). They are staying 4 nights in The Arabian Courtyard hotel and (now for the bad bit) fly back to the UK.

I asked for prices and my friend says she saw it advertised in Thomas Cook for £1100 each. They may have upgraded their hotel, she wasn't sure.

So I would give Thomas Cook a bell and see what they can do for your brother. If he plans to do a Round The World ask him if he needs someone to carry his bags? I could be free. :D
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: Help booking a cruise. Oct 30, 2012
tried thomas cook took me ages to get through and because of the time of year it was way more than what you payed :/ but anyway i was talking to my cousin and he said to try this website: http://www.cruise.co.uk/ i tried them and found a great deal, i think it was around 900 per person so i think i got a decent deal, just waiting for them to ring me back and confirm it :)
themanjad21
Dubai Expat Wannabe

themanjad21 ,

I didn't pay it, it was all second hand info from a friend. What they paid was with a flight back (so Im told).

Anyway good to hear you've got sorted out!
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: Help Booking A Cruise. Oct 31, 2012
thanks, took a lot of work from me, i hope my brother is happy :L
themanjad21
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Help Booking A Cruise. Nov 21, 2012
Thanks for info, i am going for the cruise as well
martika
Dubai Forum User

Re: Help Booking A Cruise. Jun 03, 2014
Loads of cruise ships visit Dubai every year, a lot of them a cruising between Southampton and Singapore or Hong Kong via Dubai and the Suez Canal. A local travel website http://www.cruisearabiaonline.com follows the local cruise industry and would be able to tell you which ships are coming to Dubai from Southampton in future.
CarnivalRoyal
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat