Difficulties With Ex-partner And Moving To Dubai

Topic locked
Difficulties with ex-partner and moving to Dubai Jan 29, 2015
Hi,
I am hoping someone can help or has been in a similar situation to myself.
I am being offered a wonderful opportunity to live and work in Dubai. Living and working in the UAE is something I have thought about over a period of time and I feel this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for me. I have visited the UAE several times as my partner had lived over here before returning to the UK this year. He is also very keen to return and we are getting married this year so feel this is an opportunity for us to live as a family and work in the UAE.
Now my problem. I have a 6yr old daughter with my ex-partner. We split 3 and a half years ago but he is so difficult to deal with. He is absolutely relentless in his quest to upset me at every opportunity. He pays minimal maintenance for our daughter and has proved time and again that he is willing to use our daughter as a tool to continually upset both me and our daughter. We have been to court several times, he and his family have threatened me several times (not with violence but other ways), I have a court order to stop him harassing me and the police have been called several times when he has turned up and made a nuisance of himself. All in all he is an absolute nightmare and I don’t see this behavior ever stopping. He seems to have made his life aim to upset me and my daughter at every possible opportunity and I don’t ever see that changing. As a father he is simply incapable of looking after his daughter himself. Every time he gets to spend time with her (once a week and every other weekend) his parents are always present. In fact if it was not for his parents our daughter would not go to him. He will stop at nothing to create problems and I know for a fact he will poison my daughters mind about any potential move to Dubai when he find out.
So now I have this opportunity with my partner. Like I say we are getting married this year and I have never been happier. I love our family life and my daughter is very happy when we are all together. This job offers me financial security (substantially more than I earn in the UK), a nice place to live and fantastic education possibilities for my daughter. I am also going to offer my ex the opportunity of me flying him out 3 times a year (which he wont do unless he can have his parents with him …he’s 41 by the way and lives a couple of doors from his parents), I’m offering to bring her back during main school holidays so he can have time with her and obviously I am offering that he does not need to pay maintenance to me. He will still refuse this….mainly because it is something I want to do.
Is there any guidance or advice out there that can help work through this? Anyone else been in a similar situation? Do I need to involve solicitors etc? I’m really just looking for some initial guidance as I don’t want to miss out on this wonderful opportunity for my daughter and me.
Many thanks

Panini
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat