Frustrated!

Topic locked
Frustrated! Oct 10, 2009
After having very little success with recruitment agencies I decided to approach prospective employers myself. Either by clicking on the recruitment button on company websites and forwarding CV or by googling around and find names and email address.

Do ae email address have only a small capacity say 10kb or maybe it all goes through to junk via spam filters and missed or are they just plain rude and don’t think it worth the courtesy of a sorry not interested reply……because the silence is deafening.

expatwanabe
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 10, 2009
People are probably just too busy to reply to every e-mail they get. We used to get bothered by cold callers coming to our office looking for work, so we generally don't even look at job hunters unless we're specifically looking to hire someone.

If you're not already based in the UAE, it's unlikely you'll get any response.
gavtek
Dubai Forums Member

There is more to this than you know.... Oct 28, 2009
tictac01
Dubai Forum Guest

just to clarify ..... Oct 28, 2009
The largest issue is not the recruitment agencies, although quite a few Indian run establishments are fronts to cheap labor sweat shops, but rather companies themselves.
You will find companies employ cheap labor alternatives both front line staff to internal staff. These ‘people’ are from sub continent countries and do not appreciate or exercise proper work ethics or standards. This leads to complete communication breakdowns, calls never returned and emails that either bounce or never returned. Oh did I mention many companies in the GCC countries are plagued with so many IT and Phone technical inadequacies that’s its hard to begin…. In their defense they are very young and still learning … that’s got to be the understatement of the millennium.

But it’s very safe to say most companies email servers seem to ***** up and they have not grasped what a PABX does. Instead of your call being TRANSFERRED to the correct dept, some babbling broken English speaking unskilled clown tells you to call another number and even the number is wrong. LOL

But its great for a laugh .....& not for the battle hardened job seeker.

I suggest go to the western world where we do it RIGHT, from safety standards to supply of correct skilled people into companies... where receptionist CAN t/fer calls to correct dept's and the list goes on and on...... WHY WOULD U WANT TO WORK HERE ????? and loose ur sanity
tictac01
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai