Microwave Radio Engineer

Topic locked
Microwave Radio Engineer Aug 07, 2004
Stephen McGinnigle

135 Buchanan Cres. Livingston, West Lothian, Scotland. EH54 7EF.
Tel: 01506 413 762
Email: s_mcginnigle@hotmail.com (s_mcginnigle)

Microwave Radio Support Engineer
Field Supervisor (Scotland)

PERSONAL PROFILE:

Dependants: Three

Interests: Football, Golf, and Skiing.

Availability: One month

PROFESSIONAL PROFILE:
I am currently the field supervisor for a turnkey telecoms company providing major Telco’s with a maintenance solution. This maintenance is both reactive and proactive to ensure customer traffic is maximised. My role involves managing a team of engineers focused on the repair and decisive fault finding of microwave links in the Scottish region. I ensure that service level agreements are honoured without compromising the standard of repair to customers’ equipment. I carry out regular audits of my staff to ensure proper quality procedures are adhered to. I have to schedule rotas and ensure holiday and sickness cover is provided. My role involves reporting on a weekly and monthly basis to the Customer Support Manager. This reporting identifies our groups’ successes and identifies threats to operations as early as possible. Flexibility is a key issue to my role and my teams can be tasked with installation work both on and off shore at short notice. I am also in charge of the spares logistics operation which ensures radio spares are turned round to maximise our ability to support our contracts. It is my job to ensure each engineer is achieving their target goals and this culminates in my yearly appraisal of the employees in my charge. I have a close relationship with the customers in my area and attend meetings and conference calls to keep abreast of their needs. Although my primary role is that of a Regional Supervisor I am still involved in fault finding and installation work.

I have attended a variety of courses with the most relevant to the Telecoms sector listed below.

Radio Relay Operator Class 1
Telecom Tower Climber (Narc)
Siae “G” Series PDH Radio Systems
NL290 SDH Operation & Maintenance
Rad Megaplex Multiplexer
NEC DWDM Install & Commissioning
Alcatel Multiplexer
MDS 4100 Telemetry Radio
Satellite Master Antenna TV City & Guilds
Electrical Safety in Communications Environment
Offshore Survival Course (RGIT)
SDH & Optical Fundamentals Course (Ashmead)
4x4 Off Road Driving Course (Lantra)
ATV Argo Driving Course (Lantra)
HGV II
Track Vehicle License

EMPLOYMENT: TS Communication Services. Livingston
Jan. 2000 – Present
Field Support Supervisor
Tasked with the supervision of our field support teams involved with 1st and 2nd line maintenance for our customers. Ensuring calls are actioned within the agreed Service Level Agreement using the proper procedures. Being part of a 24/7/365 rota to accommodate our customers requirements. Reporting to the Customer Support Manager and close liaison with my contract customers.

Granada, Edinburgh Mar. 1996 – Jan. 2000
Installation Engineer
Installation of satcomms equipment in both domestic and business premises. Responsible also for service calls to fault find and rectify customers viewing. Site surveyed and installed Digital Terrestrial television as part of the On Digital roll out. Rectified customer cross modulation issues.

TAS Ltd. Livingston Oct. 1995 – Mar. 1996
Installation Technician
Installation of satcomms equipment in both domestic and business premises. Responsible also for service calls to fault find and rectify customers viewing.

Clyde Commissionaires, Barrhead, Glasgow May 1993 – Oct. 1995
Shift Supervisor
Responsible for the security operations of the day to day running of an IBM computer warehouse. Checking import and export paperwork as well as load integrity of shipments. Managing the switchboard and liaison with any visitors to site.

Royal Signals, British Army Sept. 1985 – May 1993
Radio Relay Operator
During eight years in the Royal Signals I was primarily engaged in the setting up and monitoring of UHF, SHF, & HF radio links. This was part of a mobile encrypted digital trunk network operating in West Germany. I was a Detachment Commander of a Radio Relay Vehicle with the subsequent supervision of two crew members.
EDUCATION:
St. Cuthbert’s High School, Spateston, Renfrewshire
Attended 1981-85
O Grade English A
O Grade Biology A

University of London.
City & Guilds SMATV Pass Attended 1993

StevieMc
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 26, 2004
An update to my CV.

I have just completed a two day course in TCP/IP & ATM Theory.
StevieMc
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted