Experienced PA/ Administrator Looking For Work Nov 2007 On

Topic locked
Experienced PA/ Administrator looking for work Nov 2007 on Apr 09, 2007
I am a 31 year old British female looking to continue my career after taking time out to get married and have a baby.
I am currently living in Malaysia with my Malaysian husband and daughter but are looking to move to Dubi in October/ November 2007 with my family.

Below is my CV

Catherine O’Neill
Current residence: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Nationality: British (with Malaysian social visa)
Mobile: +60 12 560 7408
E-mail: catho5@hotmail.com
Date of Birth: 22nd March 1976
Chrildren: Daughter (d.ob 16th June 2006)

After taking a break from my career based in the UK to travel, get married and have a baby, I am now looking to continue my career once again. I am looking for a position that will give me the responsibility and authority to organize myself and others and that will challenge me and offer and chance to learn and re-establish my career at the highest level.

Employment
June 2003- December 2003 TV Loonland UK, Ltd.
PA to the Head of Legal and Business Affairs
TV Loonland is a leading animation company based at the heart of Soho, London, producing such world-wide animation hits as 'The Cramp Twins' and 'GI Joe'.
Main duties:
PA: I was the PA and support network for the head of legal and business affairs, a qualified lawyer, ensuring that his calendar was up to date and that all letters, faxes and agreements went out on time. I was also responsible for ensuring that every morning my manager was fully briefed on all matters to be dealt with during the day and up to date with anything that had happened over night. I was also the main liaison between the UK office and our offices round the world ensuring that contracts and agreements were signed by the relevant people and that everyone who needed to be informed of a deal was provided with the correct information.
Contracts: I was responsible for drawing up contracts to the specification of our legal department, adapting them to suit each different author or client.
Research: I was involved in researching all matters from copyright ownership, including working at the London probate office. I was required to look in to all matters of copyright ownership and clarification of legal terms and acts involved in the contracting of options, production, sales and merchandising agreements.

June 2001- June 2003 Compact Collections Ltd, Camden, London, UK
Copyright Administrator
Compact is a royalty collection agent for television and film companies such as Granada and Carlton. They also represent many companies in the USA such as Lakeshore Entertainment.
Main duties:
Conflicts: I was solely responsible for resolving all conflicting claims over titles at the various societies, either between companies that Compact represent, but more often with companies all over the world.
Registrations: Registering our clients’ titles with societies round the world such as AGICOA, EGEDA and Screenrights in order to collect the maximum revenue for our clients.
Research: researching titles to be registered at societies round the world using search engines and established industry websites.
Society liaison: I was the main point of contact between the worldwide societies and our company, providing societies with information and ensuring that we were paid the correct amounts for the correct titles and clients. I would also receive their orphan lists of unidentified titles and broadcasts form which I would claim any outstanding titles.
Royalties distribution: due to our royalties manager leaving, I was given the responsibility of our quarterly distribution; this involved using IBM AS400 royalties system, distributing the royalties to our 100 clients and answering any questions that arose from the distribution.

March 1999 - June 2001 Walker Books Ltd, Vauxhall, London, UK
Contracts Administrator
Walker Books Ltd is a publishing house for children’s books including Where’s Wally? and Maisy.
Main duties:
Licences: The main part of my job was to write licences for the use of text or illustrations from our publications, providing licences from companies from the BBC and other publishing companies to small nurseries and charitable organisations.
Writing foreign contracts: writing contracts for our foreign rights department.
Monthly reports: I was responsible for compiling the monthly report informing all managers of the sales made that month and any contracts signed for authors or illustrators. This was an extremely important part of my job as it was only through this report that the whole company, including our overseas offices, was kept up to date on what was happening in the company.
Royalties: I provided the royalties department with information regarding the royalties due to each author and illustrator when books, licences and foreign sales were made.

Education
1997- 1998 City & Guilds: Radio & Print Journalism, Bristol City College
Copyright Law and Administration
Practical journalism including magazine and radio features, press releases and reviews.
Completed with distinction

1994- 1997 BA Honours in Ancient Mediterranean Studies, Bristol University
Archaeology and ancient history; Egyptology, marine archaeology, Roman Britain, Modern Greek.
Degree: 2nd Class

1992- 1994 A Levels, St Mary’s College, Crosby, Merseyside
English Literature: A
Geography: A
Classical Civilisation: B
GCSE Ancient Greek: B

1988- 1992 GCSEs, Merchant Taylors’ Girls School
GCSEs: 7 A grades including English and Mathematics and 2 B grades

Languages
Conversational Spanish
Basic French

Computer Skills
Windows office package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
Email (Lotus Notes/outlook).
Strong internet skills, extensive knowledge.
Ibm AS400.

Hobbies
Travel; extensively throughout Spain, Malaysia, Thailand, Laos, Australia and New Zealand; visited Ireland, France, Greece, Israel, Singapore and Tunisia.
Films and cinema.
Music; Grade 8 piano. Listening to all type of music
Reading; all genres of books
Cooking
Sports; I enjoy watching most sports; horse riding, aerobics.

References

John O’Sullivan
Managing Director
Compact Collections
josullivan@compactcollections.com

Other references available on request.

catho5
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted