Weight Lost Plan!!

Topic locked
weight lost plan!! May 02, 2006
Just now my sister was telling me a lose weight menu. I just want to share with everyone. My sister is not a fat person at all (5'3" tall/ 55-56 kg)... but I think if she can lose 3-4 kg, she will look better. Giving that the trend now is shinny!! Anyway, she followed this plan for 10 days, and she lost 3 kg. Here is the plan if anyone wants to try it.

She said this plan can help to lose up to 10 pounds (5kg) in 10 days!!

Breakfast
1/2 Grape fruit - (has to been red meat grape fruit)
2 eggs + 2 bacon

Lunch
Salad with dressing (any dressing including the fattest one)
One piece of meat (any meat in any cooking style)

Dinner
Same as lunch

But the one drink you can have is water, no coffee no tea. You have to eat 3 times a day, can't miss one meal. Better to have more red and green veggies in the salad.

Also you have to stop for 2 days every 12 days, you can do this up to 75 days.

From what I see how this plan work is that it has no sugar or very little sugur (salad dressing), dariy product and no Carbohydrate. That's why it is so effective!!

One thing good about this plan is that you can also eat out compare to a lot other boring diet plan this is a lot more flexible!

FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

May 02, 2006
FeiPo,

I would say to your sister, be very very careful! This is not a particularly good diet at all! And for her height and weight she is just fine. I'm 5'5 and weigh 53kgs.

I would say all she should do is some more exercise to tone up and bear in mind that muscle weighs more than fat so you actually put on weight if you work out, but your body is more toned.

The key to losing weight is to actually eat more not less. Eating 5 times a day is ideal, this boosts your metabolism and makes your body work harder at digesting food. If you eat less you find that your blood sugar levels will drop, then you lack energy and it becomes a vicious circle.

The meal plan she has is basically all protein, which is very bad for you, it's now been proven that the Atkins diet is horrific on your body, it raises blood pressure and colesteral levels. Cutting out carbohydrates is not good for the body at all, carbohydrates are what gives the body energy to function properly. Plus dairy products give you required calcium, and don't forget the body reuiqres certain fats to function properly.

Also tea/coffee etc does count towards your daily fluid intake, you can also have fruit juices etc. The recommended daily intake of 2 litres fluids a day includes all these other things, not just water. Plus over drinking water can actually flush necessary salts and minerals out of the body.

What you should have is:

Breakfast - fruit +yoghurt / cereal / cereal bars

Mid morning snack - fruit/nuts/ rice cakes/crackers

Lunch - As much salad/veggies as you like + protein (meat/fish/eggs/cottage cheese) + carb (rice/rice noodles/ potato (boiled/steamed)

Afternoon snack - fruit + yoghurt/nuts

Dinner - Same as for lunch

Evening snack - cereal/yoghurt/rice crackers

What your sister is doing is fine for a couple of weeks, but definately not for the long term as it will do more harm than good.

Basically treat your body like and engine, give it what it requires to function. If you cut out essential things it needs like carbs, salts, fats, you'll run into trouble in the long term.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 02, 2006
really, it helps lose 5kg in 10 days, that is cool, i lost my shape here, lol, gained 7, SEVEN kg since i got here, it is something scary, i have never in my life was heavier than 50 kg. oh, well, will try ur diet, seems to be what i am doing now.
thank you
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

May 02, 2006
IMJ, what's the point? As with all diet plans like FeiPo's one, you do it for a while, lose the weight, then when you add the things back into your diet the weight will just come back.

The best diet is no diet, but to eat a healthy and balanced diet and take regular exercise - that's all.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 02, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:FeiPo,

I would say to your sister, be very very careful! This is not a particularly good diet at all! And for her height and weight she is just fine. I'm 5'5 and weigh 53kgs.

I would say all she should do is some more exercise to tone up and bear in mind that muscle weighs more than fat so you actually put on weight if you work out, but your body is more toned.

The key to losing weight is to actually eat more not less. Eating 5 times a day is ideal, this boosts your metabolism and makes your body work harder at digesting food. If you eat less you find that your blood sugar levels will drop, then you lack energy and it becomes a vicious circle.

The meal plan she has is basically all protein, which is very bad for you, it's now been proven that the Atkins diet is horrific on your body, it raises blood pressure and colesteral levels. Cutting out carbohydrates is not good for the body at all, carbohydrates are what gives the body energy to function properly. Plus dairy products give you required calcium, and don't forget the body reuiqres certain fats to function properly.

Also tea/coffee etc does count towards your daily fluid intake, you can also have fruit juices etc. The recommended daily intake of 2 litres fluids a day includes all these other things, not just water. Plus over drinking water can actually flush necessary salts and minerals out of the body.

What you should have is:

Breakfast - fruit +yoghurt / cereal / cereal bars

Mid morning snack - fruit/nuts/ rice cakes/crackers

Lunch - As much salad/veggies as you like + protein (meat/fish/eggs/cottage cheese) + carb (rice/rice noodles/ potato (boiled/steamed)

Afternoon snack - fruit + yoghurt/nuts

Dinner - Same as for lunch

Evening snack - cereal/yoghurt/rice crackers

What your sister is doing is fine for a couple of weeks, but definately not for the long term as it will do more harm than good.

Basically treat your body like and engine, give it what it requires to function. If you cut out essential things it needs like carbs, salts, fats, you'll run into trouble in the long term.

well, yeah, it is better to eat more often, in small portions, though.
and work out.
before coming here my body used to be so toned up, now, it is just crazy, i stopped working out and started eating junk food and got lazy, and all the muscle went to fat, lol, well, know what to do, work out and swim.
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

May 02, 2006
I know exactly how you feel, but it's a vicious circle as exercise gives you energy. So you have to force yourself to go, even if you're feeling tired just 30 mins will do 3 times a week then you can build on that. It's very easy to become lazy in this place and very easy to over eat. You have to have will power, if you have healthy snacks during the day then you won't feel hungry and because your body is constantly being fed, it will keep your energy levels up.

FeiPo, Skinny is not 'In'! Skinny = unhealthy.

I've had a love/hate relationship with food all my life and have been really thin sometimes and I look bloody awful! The lollipop head look is not cool - curves are back!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 02, 2006
curves are back![/quote]

YESSS!!!!! WE LOVE CURVES!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 02, 2006
See! You know in some countries they send the girls to fat farms to make them bigger, as a voluptuous woman is the epitomy of health a fertility.

Of course being overweight is not good either, but much of it has to do with self confidence too and how you carry yourself.

I see some girls and they're nothing but skin and bone, it's hideous! Plus I think if guys are honest - like DK - they like something to grab hold of! They're not called love handles for nothing - :lol:
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 02, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:See! You know in some countries they send the girls to fat farms to make them bigger, as a voluptuous woman is the epitomy of health a fertility.

Of course being overweight is not good either, but much of it has to do with self confidence too and how you carry yourself.

I see some girls and they're nothing but skin and bone, it's hideous! Plus I think if guys are honest - like DK - they like something to grab hold of! They're not called love handles for nothing - :lol:

lol, i know what u guys mean there, but i never was bone and skin and personally do not like that either, but i have the fact of getting a different size, lol, bigger, it is pretty shocking to me to go to the shop and chose something u think is ur size and it is not any more, :oops:
i never had a problem with chosing clothes, here, on top of the fact that style is a bit different from back home, sizes are different too (at the beginning small size here was a bit big on me), well, on top of all that, i cannot figure out m y size any more, lol
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

May 02, 2006
Urgh, tell me about it! UK size is different to many other European sizes, American sizing is different. Even the supposed same size in different stores will be a different size, it's crazy! Why can't there just be a global, uniform sizing system - it's so stupid!

Even the same size shoes in different shops ar different sizes depending on the make.

Crazy!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 02, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Urgh, tell me about it! UK size is different to many other European sizes, American sizing is different. Even the supposed same size in different stores will be a different size, it's crazy! Why can't there just be a global, uniform sizing system - it's so stupid!

Even the same size shoes in different shops ar different sizes depending on the make.

Crazy!

and pants? it is impossible to find ok pants here, formal ones, they are SUPER high rise and super BIG a$$, it makes me feel like I do not have any ass at all when i try some of them, lol. it is all frustrating.
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

May 02, 2006
Hahahaha, sorry when you say pants, I guess you mean trousers. Pants to me means underwear, I was just imagining Bridget Jones style enormous knickers.

High waisted trousers are coming back into fashion, the low waist hipster styles are on the way out, and thank goodness for some people as I can't bear to see a massive roll of belly fat hanging over the top - eewww!

But something in between is flattering. Darts round the back always help with the fit of trousers and can have a slimming effect.

why oh why don't shops ans designers bloody well talk to the consumers, sometimes I don't think they've got a clue when it comes to the female figure.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 02, 2006
Now it's not just the love handles that are of interest, in my experience I have found the majority of girls who are content and happy, and therefore reasonably level headed, have been those who are 'comfortable in their skin'.

This does not mean constantly dieting and being miserable because they want to be a size 8 but are always faced with looking at the size 12 option in the shops, but those who realise that this is the ideal size for them...and are happy! I have met some girls who are extremely physically fit...but not stick insects and its great! Bring on the Sophie Dahls of this world, because some of us male consumers really, really appreciate you...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

May 02, 2006
hahaha

IMJ it sounds like happen to me as well.....

Choco I totally agree with you at some points. This menu is not exactly healthy, But think about it, it is much better than eating junk food like chocolate and crisps etc.... (like I am doing now)Also it is really effective in a short time. Becuase of this is not a 'healthy' diet that's why it said every 12 days you have to stop for 2 days and you can only do it up to 75 days.

I believe this will help people who are over weight (like me), to get back to normal diet (it shrink your stomach and hopefully by not letting you eat junk food, it will kill the desire of junk food in the mind, also can make you stop drinking too much coffee or tea) However, will power is the most important thing.

For me since I came to dubai I put on 7 kg (in about 9 months). It is quite a lot of weight. I know how you feel IMJ, very bad feeling of the jeans no longer fit... belly sticking out ..... etc etc... but the worse thing is can't stop eating drunk even I know where the problems coming from.

My willpower is running very low at the moment, so I need something really extreme and straight to restrict myself to behave my eating pattern. So, I will give it a go from next week and let you girls know how am I doing.
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

May 02, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:See! You know in some countries they send the girls to fat farms to make them bigger, as a voluptuous woman is the epitomy of health a fertility.

Choco, you are skinny if you are 5.5 only 53 kg.
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

May 03, 2006
I'm of normal weight for my height, but I've always been natuarally thin as I've always been active and into sports. Plus my frame is very small, my mother is exactly the same. My metabolism is pretty much through the roof and I have to constantly eat to keep my energy up otherwise I'm in the vicious circle of having highs and lows in the blood sugar. Plus don't forget what is average for one person is not average for someone else. It also depends on your ethnic background as Hispanics and African women for example tend to be naturally more voluptuous, so these things have to be taken into account as well. You can't expect someone with a larger body frame to have the same ideal weight as someone with a body frame half their size.

I wouldn't recommend that diet for upto 75 days FeiPo, like I said to cut out Carbs and essential fats you'll find youself getting really tired in no time as you're not 'feeding' your body engery foods.

The plan I put up will also do the job. Plus to be honest it really doesn't matter what you eat so long as it's a little of everything, with loads of veggies and salads. But you can also restrict the portion sizes. Eat off a smaller plate. But eating more actually encourages your body to lose weight as it doesn't store fat because it knows it's going to be starved. Inbstead if you eat 5 times a day, 3 main meals and healthy snacks, you're constantly giving your body sources of energy which will keep up the levels and boost your metabolism.

The plan you have is a nutritionists no no.

Emirates Airlines recently monitored several of their crew that were on the Atkins diet, and it was fine for the initial stages, but when they got onto the maintenance period, they told them all to stop it immediately, as their blood pressure levels and colesteral had all shot up to dangerous levels, and I mean in the realms of causing diabetes, putting them at risk of heart attacks etc. Your body is something not to be messed with in this way.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 03, 2006
DK, I don't think Sophie Dahl is much of an ispiration anymore. She was when she was a size 14 catwalk model, but now she's just another skinny lollipop head.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 03, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Hahahaha, sorry when you say pants, I guess you mean trousers. Pants to me means underwear, I was just imagining Bridget Jones style enormous knickers.

High waisted trousers are coming back into fashion, the low waist hipster styles are on the way out, and thank goodness for some people as I can't bear to see a massive roll of belly fat hanging over the top - eewww!

But something in between is flattering. Darts round the back always help with the fit of trousers and can have a slimming effect.

why oh why don't shops ans designers bloody well talk to the consumers, sometimes I don't think they've got a clue when it comes to the female figure.

lmao, yeah, i meant trousers, I guess u r from UK? Coz i was influenced by US ppl's speech, so, I use words like pants for trousers, lol.
Anyway, i do not know how fashion is going now, but i always felt comfy in low rise pants, trousers, u know, i do not like when my shirt or a T overlaps my pants and creates this ugly looking bumps on my stomach.
But, yeah, those who make clothes, esp here should ask us first, coz a lot of times it is impossible to find something u like.
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

May 03, 2006
To get back to the original subject about the diet - the problem with no carbs is that your body starts burning protein for energy, which is a dangerous system. Alsop most of the original weight loss is from water - which is why its easy to take off the first few pounds...but you get them back very quickly as well.

The best system for weight loss is "educated" eating - as little sugar, unhealthy oil and processed grains as possible. Add to that some sort of exercise program and you are on your way to happiness!
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

May 03, 2006
Perfect.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 03, 2006
mraph33 wrote:To get back to the original subject about the diet - the problem with no carbs is that your body starts burning protein for energy, which is a dangerous system. Alsop most of the original weight loss is from water - which is why its easy to take off the first few pounds...but you get them back very quickly as well.

The best system for weight loss is "educated" eating - as little sugar, unhealthy oil and processed grains as possible. Add to that some sort of exercise program and you are on your way to happiness!

Absolutely! You shouldn't diet per se but just cut out the cr@p and eat a wide variety of foods. Moderation in all foods and don't cheat yourself out of naughty things like desserts otherwise there is a tendency to stuff yourself stupid when temptation strikes.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 03, 2006
Food is the bane of my life!! Finding a balance is impossible....for me anyway :cry:
irish vanessa
Dubai forums Addict

May 03, 2006
Food is the bane of my life!! Finding a balance is impossible....for me anyway :cry:
irish vanessa
Dubai forums Addict

May 03, 2006
For me also, i enjoy good food and hard to balance too vanessa

i need to loose from 15 to 20 Kg i'm a big guy ( but i'm peace with my body :D not ashamed of it)

anyway,

I will soon start my own dieting system, which is basically "eat less, move more"

3 meals with fruits snacks in between
no soda no junk food
when eat a meal, just have one plate, don't refill it.
when eat out, take only one course meal.

It worked out with me before.

Hope it works in dubai :D
yshimy

May 03, 2006
u know guys, i do not know what happened to me here, but at home i never drank soda or ate junk food, even bread, it was like a treat for me, once in a few months i would eat some burger with soda or bread and it owuld feel soooo great, it would be like the best meal ever, lol, but here, it is like i have gone crazy, started eating those burgers, nuggets, drinking soda, and water, i used to drink so much water, now, i barely have a bottle, small one, so, yeah, gotta go back to my habits and lose this weight that Dubai gave me.
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

May 03, 2006
I am the same IMJ, before I came to Dubai, my diet was always good and disipline... would have ice-cream/ pizzas/ burger or any junk couple times a month. I would never touch chocolate or any kind of junk food during the week, only on my day off I would have treats. I also don't understand why I become addicted to all these junk food.... and it is so hard not to have a bar of chocolate or a block of cheese for one day.

From my personal observation, I guess the reasons are:

1) this place has too many fastfood outlet, and they are all super bad food chain. Look at the City center, it has 4 Star Bucks only in one shopping mall!!!

2) The wheather too hot or the road set up too bad or the neightbourhood staring makes you feel uncomfortable to walk at all + we drive everywhere to the door. Back in Hong Kong I would have to walk at least 5 km in one day, coz I have to walk to the bus stop from work and home walk to the supermarket and walk to buy lunch, here seems like you can jump into the car drive to your work's front door and jump into the car to eat lunch (again right in front of the door) then jump into the car to supermarket etc...

3) our social life is very limited to meet up in the shopping mall = star bucks coffee (full of fat and sugar), lunch, drinking, dinner... althought it is very rare that I will go hiking or cycling with my friends back home, but plenty of outdoor activities for us to do if we wanted to. here just hard to do hiking, cycling..etc...

4) because of we using car all the time and we spared lot of time out for us to snacks. back home I will walk down to the supermarket one shopping trip will take me 1 - 2hours, now we just drive there it will take 30 mins to do your shopping. One hour lunch break you can have 45 mins of eating time, but back home I have only about 30 mins out of one hour, as I had to walk there wait for seats <--- no time for desserts!

5) back to social like, I have not many friends here, I found people are generally cold or they have no interest to meet friends, as a lot of them here for a short time only (one or 2 years). So, compare to back home, I have many friends and we hang out all the time. Now I have more time with the tv and I started snacking.

These are my veiws!
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

May 03, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:DK, I don't think Sophie Dahl is much of an ispiration anymore. She was when she was a size 14 catwalk model, but now she's just another skinny lollipop head.

Oh bugger! I have been away from home too long, didn't know she had done the anorexia thing. I shall just have to remember her as she was. (sigh!)

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Knight
Dubai Knight

May 06, 2006
yshimy wrote:For me also, i enjoy good food and hard to balance too vanessa

i need to loose from 15 to 20 Kg i'm a big guy ( but i'm peace with my body :D not ashamed of it)

anyway,

I will soon start my own dieting system, which is basically "eat less, move more"

3 meals with fruits snacks in between
no soda no junk food
when eat a meal, just have one plate, don't refill it.
when eat out, take only one course meal.

It worked out with me before.

Hope it works in dubai :D

You are such a fibber- you would look anorexic if you lost 15kg!! :shock: :shock:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 09, 2006
gurl it is very relative.

loosing 15 would make me.....

80 kg with hight of 178cm ;)

should be ok, but let me loose it then see how i look like :D

anyone thought about these supplements, xenadrin or such things? i hate using anything but... just a thought
yshimy

May 09, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:I can't bear to see a massive roll of belly fat hanging over the top - eewww!

What about the love (for) handles eh ?;)

Chocoholic wrote:why oh why don't shops ans designers bloody well talk to the consumers, sometimes I don't think they've got a clue when it comes to the female figure.

Designers like to dictate fashion and not conform to fit. Industry would collapse otherwise.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Health and Medicine in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Health and Medicine in Dubai