Finding Work In Rich Countries:World Is Not A Global Village

Topic locked
Finding work in rich countries:World is not a global village Aug 29, 2010
:o Is this world a global village where needy people can find work in rich and advanced countries? After a lot of serious observation I found that world is not a global village. Finding work in extremely difficult or impossible in rich and advanced countries. For example biggest classified services like craigslist.org do not allow non-American post advertisement in USA. Same is the case of Olx.com. I observed that the most of big classifieds websites in UK do not allow foreigners post advertisements. Further, I did not get work despite posting ads at many places in the world. Sometimes I thought that my Gmail account has been hacked but there is no change despite keeping strongest passwords and frequent password changes. During last five years, I got only three projects from abroad including two from USA. Americans proved relatively generous. Arabs are considered very generous people by their diplomatic gifts but I did not find any generous Arab despite being a poor Muslim. I learnt that Saudi Arabia either helps government or religious type of people.
Here I request international governments and institutions to provide good employment or outsource work to Freelance web developers like me. IT difficulty is hard and competition is high due to saturation. Every commodity prices are increasing but web development compensation is decreasing due to increasing competition. World authorities should take measures to provide money to deprived professions.
Mobile: +92 300 488 0490, +92 312 689 1000

jmlthr
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Finding work in rich countries:World is not a global vil Aug 29, 2010
jmlthr wrote::o Is this world a global village where needy people can find work in rich and advanced countries? After a lot of serious observation I found that world is not a global village. Finding work in extremely difficult or impossible in rich and advanced countries. For example biggest classified services like craigslist.org do not allow non-American post advertisement in USA. Same is the case of Olx.com. I observed that the most of big classifieds websites in UK do not allow foreigners post advertisements. Further, I did not get work despite posting ads at many places in the world. Sometimes I thought that my Gmail account has been hacked but there is no change despite keeping strongest passwords and frequent password changes. During last five years, I got only three projects from abroad including two from USA. Americans proved relatively generous. Arabs are considered very generous people by their diplomatic gifts but I did not find any generous Arab despite being a poor Muslim. I learnt that Saudi Arabia either helps government or religious type of people.
Here I request international governments and institutions to provide good employment or outsource work to Freelance web developers like me. IT difficulty is hard and competition is high due to saturation. Every commodity prices are increasing but web development compensation is decreasing due to increasing competition. World authorities should take measures to provide money to deprived professions.
Mobile: +92 300 488 0490, +92 312 689 1000

Isn't this like... 'begging' :?:
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Have you ever considered cricket? I hear it can be very profitable.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Finding Work In Rich Countries:World Is Not A Global Vil Aug 29, 2010
Are you aware of the economic downturn worldwide??? As you can see from Craigslist there are many Americans unemployed looking for work. Every country has a relatively high unemployment rate. Why would they go outside to hire someone? Why would they spend money to bring someone from overseas and provide perks when there is a sea of unemployed people in their own backyard where they can find someone at no cost to them?

You seem to think that you deserve a generous salary because you are a poor Muslim. That is not something a potential employer takes into consideration. :roll:

The reason you probably haven't found employment is that you have set your expectations way too high. You have to adjust those according to the economy. If you are using expectations that you used 5 years ago - before the economic mess the world is in at this time, it's no wonder you haven't found employment. :roll:

Maybe you should try LinkedIn.com along with Monster.com. These are international sites.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Maybe you should stop touting your services around and either improve your local business services or consider a career change...like being a truck driver. Lots of those from Pakistan here...

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Services in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Services in Dubai