Taxes

Topic locked
taxes Sep 06, 2003
I'm a US citizen and wonder if I work in Dubai, what are the taxes rate I have to pay or not pay?!!! :shock:

oracleson

Nov 02, 2003
THERE ARE NO TAXES HERE FOR EMPLOYEES!!!!!
Cool
Dubai Forum Visitor

Nov 03, 2003
there is a 5% tax in the uae but u dont know about it its automatically charged onto you wat is not there is income tax there is no income tax in uae the only country in the world with 0% tax is Qatar.
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Nov 03, 2003
Jamal.
It doesn't make sence to me.
I'm receiving my salary and I don't pay any taxes?
Who is paying these 5% tax and how?
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Nov 03, 2003
I told you there is no income tax meaning that when u get ur salary there is no tax on that
but like the products u are buying from supermarkets an shops an stuff they got an automatic 5% tax on it.
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Nov 03, 2003
Even when you buy the pirated DVDs? 8)
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Nov 03, 2003
no actually on the pirated DVD there a strict tax of a 100% cause i remember i use to by them for 5 dhs only but now they be selling it for 10 Dhs so thats like a 100% tax right there u know wat i mean.

damnn im mean all these tax paying is getting to me cause im working to pay taxes that feeds the police but then the police aint satisfied with the taxes im giving them they keep on finining me with all these bullshit new laws of theres this a taragedy surely insanity.

i mean look at the cops how fat some of them are they cant even run an the mutha fuckers r all just feeding off me.
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Dec 29, 2003
Oracleson,

As a US citizen you are liable to pay tax to the IRS if your annual income exceeds a certain amount, no matter where you live in the world... whether or not you choose to submit your returns to the IRS depends on whether or not you want to play games with them (generally speaking not a good idea!!).

If you want professional advice on this I suggest you call Craig on 04 3369880. He is General Manager of a finacial services company and well qualified to help in this type of matter.
professionalchoice
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat