Partner Could Apply For Sponsorship, How Would I Get A Visa?

Topic locked
Partner could apply for sponsorship, how would i get a visa? Feb 05, 2012
Hi,

I am a gay man and my partner is going to apply for a job working for emirates and would be based in Dubai. He would be able to apply for sponsorship visa but i am wondering how I could obtain a visa to live there.

I fully appreciate the law regarding gays in Dubai so i suspect this is not easy.

Thanks

lcfc2012
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Partner Could Apply For Sponsorship, How Would I Get A V Feb 05, 2012
As far as I know, UAE (or any Arab country) is not a place for you g*ys. It is illgal. Even living together is not yet a dream.

Even if you both somehow get into UAE, and if official finds out your relationship, then you will face legal actions including fines, imprisonment and deportation.
NinethSense
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Partner Could Apply For Sponsorship, How Would I Get A V Feb 06, 2012
Ok,

So let me re emphasise I know it is not legal. I suppose my real question would be is it possible for me to go to Dubai on a visitor visa and get a job to get a residence visa.

Can someone with some genuine insight reply rather than some who feels the need to sensor the word gay.

Thanks
lcfc2012
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Partner Could Apply For Sponsorship, How Would I Get A V Feb 06, 2012
Sorry, if it hurts. I would like to obey the rules of land and can't promote which is something illegal for the land :)

May not be a genuine insight reply but take it or leave it -> you can get into Dubai on visitor visa and get a job to get a residence visa.
NinethSense
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai VisaForum Rules

Return to Dubai Visa