Samsung Galaxy Tab

Topic locked
Samsung Galaxy Tab Oct 25, 2010
Hi all,

Looking for Samsung Galaxy Tab. Found it at Etisalat but with contract, so looking for operator free.

Cheers.

Jahu1
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab Oct 25, 2010
Not exactly related to your query, but I checked it out and it is an awesome tablet
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

another "wasteful" device!

So you will spend $600.00 on this and you will also have a laptop because it doesnt have office etc so add another $600.00

so in total you are spending lets say $1,200.00 for two devices and then comes managing them as well and repairs etc!!

Why not spend up to $2,200.00 for a device that can do everything i.e have the touch feeling of the ipad/galaxy and lets you work on office and is mobile as these androids are!
MotionComputing
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

What are you talking about? What $600 office? There are free office packages for Android and who cares for Office anyway? There are many free word and spreadsheet applications. I don;t use Office at all, only Googla apps and online google office. This is a device to travel around airports, chillout and have fun on the airplane. I don't want to pull the laptop just for checking email. Get real!
Jahu1
Dubai Forum Guest

the samsung tablets price is around $300 to $600.00 depending on the specs. 2ndly there is no such thing as "FREE" there is always a catch!

Yes if you want to use it for games and surfing its fine but imagine if by mistake you drop your "fraggile" android while at the airport etc what will happen. How much will they charge you for repairs and how long will it take for you to repair these things?

When you do the maths you will realise that you would have spent twice the price you got the tablet for! And for that amount you paid you could have had something which would have lasted 5 to 6 years and specs wise is much BETTER than both the IPAD and SAMSUNG. Dont get me wrong, androids are great for surfing but be careful when using them at home or even while you are mobile and if you are not careful this will happen!

windows7 also has the touch feature like Apple and there are aps out there which allows you to do the same thing you are doing on ipad on your windows based tablets but take it a step further where you can actually
write on the screen onto apps like Word or Excel, just like you would on a piece of paper using your pen!

androids dont have stylus and writing with your fingers is not as accurate as using a stylus!

MotionComputing
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Man you'r lost.

I don't purchase things on thinking will i drop it, neither i care for reparing it. These are gadgets and are ment for fun and to be swapped every 6-12 months with new better advanced ones. I simply don't get why are you posting here. The topic says I'm looking for one as i missed it at Gitex so i'll have to wait another 10 days, and you keep pushing Windows 7, office, ipad god knows what.

I am not looking for reasons not to have it or for better solutions. This is what i want, and i will get it.

Not bothered with costs, repairs, service etc. Those things i do with my CARS not electroniuc gadgets!

You'r not helping here and neither I need or asked for your solutions and advise. Stop upping your post count for no reason and don't hijack my topic with your unecessary posts.

Bye.
Jahu1
Dubai Forum Guest

"swapped every 6-12 months with new better advanced ones"

your sentence has just prooved everything!

just trying to help you out how to "spend" like a clever person ;)

bye
MotionComputing
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk