Got Divorce In Dubai Court And Want English Copy Of Paper

Topic locked
Got divorce in dubai court and want english copy of paper Apr 16, 2009
I am from India and am writing this on behalf of my sister. She got married in Dubai 2 years back in Dubai court with a guy from India working in Dubai. his family is having different culture and she was trying to adjust. Before few months they asked her to go to her parents house in India for vacation and they never call her back. Her husband then send her divorce paper in Arabic. She was shocked initially and then we try to talk with their family but not able to success so finally accept it. They had her passport so we asked them and they damage it such a way that hardly we can see anything. When we check for getting new passport here in India they are asking for English copy of divorce paper. we asked her ex-husband to send it, he is now asking money saying that I spend on your sister while she was here. He didn't buy anything for her but asking for food and rent and all which is ridicules.

Anyway, now my question is

1) How to get English copy of divorce paper from Dubai court? This is necessary to get new passport.

2) Can he give divorce without any reason and while he is in Dubai and she is in India?

3) He is asking for money and saying he will go to court for it. Is it possible that he can ask money he spend on her while she was his wife?

We are middle class family in India. Please expert help us to come out of the scary situation. We never had such incident in our family.

indiangirl1
Dubai Forum Guest

Apr 17, 2009
You said your sisters Ex sent her to India and later sent her damaged passport. How did your sister travel to india without a passport ?

And If you have a damaged passport in your posseion why can't you show that to the Passport office and get a replacement ?
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 17, 2009
Thanks for your reply.

I did not explain how all happens in detail. Her ex husband send her to her home in India where she stayed for a month and then she send her to our house by saying that we will come to pick you after month. So she came to our house just with some cloths. They were having the passport and then they send it damaged one. When we check with our passport office, they said you can go for new one but you need divorce paper so that you can make it on your name. They asked for english copy of divorce paper and I found no way to get it.

Thanks
indiangirl1
Dubai Forum Guest

Apr 18, 2009
indiangirl1 wrote:Thanks for your reply.

I did not explain how all happens in detail. Her ex husband send her to her home in India where she stayed for a month and then she send her to our house by saying that we will come to pick you after month. So she came to our house just with some cloths. They were having the passport and then they send it damaged one. When we check with our passport office, they said you can go for new one but you need divorce paper so that you can make it on your name. They asked for english copy of divorce paper and I found no way to get it.

Thanks

All you require is a legal translation. If you have any friend in Dubai send the paper and they can get it done for you.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 19, 2009
Also contact your local UAE embassy or consulate if you have one maybe they can also help out with a Legal translation or maybe any embassy or consulate of an Arab country .
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 21, 2009
1. No. Dubai court papers are in Arabic, but like other posters say, get a translation - the Indian consulate in Dubai should have a list. Or shouldn't there be an officially recognised translator in India?
2. Yes, I think.
3. He can ask for anything. What he gets depends on the lawyers and the courts. You should get legal advice, not forum advice for that. But at a best guess, if you stay away from the UAE, then there's not much he can do.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

undefined Jan 09, 2015
I want to take divorce from mu husband, we are indians< wht is the procedure?
RuchieChawla
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum