Drink And Drive... Dubai CID Clearance... New Job

Topic locked
drink and drive... Dubai CID clearance... New job Jul 29, 2015
Hi all,

Would look forward to responses from any who may be able to clarify/ help.
I've been working with one of the top 3 semi-government organizations in Dubai at a managerial post for almost 4 years now. I've recently been offered another job at an upcoming semi-government organization within Dubai.
Back in March 2013 I had a drink and drive case which I got away with after paying AED 20000. I also spent 3 full days in jail before the court hearing.

As of today, I've submitted all the requisite documents to my prospective employer for the CID/ Security Clearance. While my new employer is going to follow up on the clearance, I have 2 questions please:
1. In how long do you think I can expect the Security/ CID clearance to come through?
2. Will my previous D&D case play its part in the Clearance?

I really hope all goes well. The documents were submitted 2 days ago and my prospective employer wants me to join them as soon as I complete my Notice Period in my current organization. I just want to make sure that I get this job. Also, it will be very embarrassing and shameful on my part if the Clearance is rejected.

P.S - if it makes any difference, my nationality is Indian.

dxbcitizen
Dubai Expat Wannabe

undefined Apr 20, 2016
Did you able to get cid clearance certificate. They are checking only criminal record or if you been to jail such as a drinking before what will happan?

--- Apr 20, 2016 ---

Please reply if any one know
FDLXSU4
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Drink And Drive... Dubai CID Clearance... New Job Apr 20, 2016
FDLXSU4 , Yes, I was fortunate to get the clearance in about 40 days and I am well in my 5th month in my new job - which is going really great! I can only thank God and the Dubai Govt. for the second opportunity that I have been provided with.
I honestly don't know what qualifies for the clearance, but it is a mere guess - I think things like a pending case, any past severe criminal offense like drugs, or previous deportation, blacklisting by previous employer etc is what they are looking for and which don't result in a clearance.
dxbcitizen
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Drink And Drive... Dubai CID Clearance... New Job Apr 20, 2016
I don't have case now but I have been jail for 2 times for drinking.my new company will check cid clearance and took 2 week already. As per them it will take 2 week .hopefully company will not know all story.any way thank you for your reply.

--- Apr 21, 2016 ---

Could you please reply ne that your cid clearance certificate show that you have been in the jail or you have issue before? I am still scarred that I have been jail before 5 years and now new employer checking security check .what to you think ?

--- Apr 21, 2016 ---

Sorry to disturb you.
FDLXSU4
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum