Cricket & Rugby On TV?

Topic locked
Cricket & Rugby on TV? Feb 12, 2007
I am a South African living in Dubai who is becoming more and more frustrated at the limited TV access to the above sports. Cricket available only if you get Showtime - then need to also get FOX. Am unable to access DSTV as I live in The Greens and am not permitted to instal a dish 2.4 m in diameter! These Geeks selling Showtime and Orbit in the Malls are clueless as to whether or not their channels will be showing the Cricket or Rugby world cups. Pleae can somebody advise me how I can get the Super 14 Rugby, World cup Cricket and World Cup rugby in my apartment. I was'nt even able to access the Desert Classic on the bouquet that I have - Orbit - even although it was being played a chip and a put from my apartment!!

Lyn
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 12, 2007
http://liveonsat.com/Rugby_Union_all.ph ... _yyyy=2007

Has a list of all the rugby and the international channels they're on, don't recognise any of them for Super 14 and it looks like for most you need satellite anyway. Doesn't mention anything about the World Cup at this point either so not sure how helpful I've been except to say keep a look out on that site and it will update nearer the events.

As for cricket, it's not a real sport :D
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 12, 2007
scot1870 wrote:http://liveonsat.com/Rugby_Union_all.php?start_dd=12&start_mm=02&start_yyyy=2007&end_dd=13&end_mm=03&end_yyyy=2007

Has a list of all the rugby and the international channels they're on, don't recognise any of them for Super 14 and it looks like for most you need satellite anyway. Doesn't mention anything about the World Cup at this point either so not sure how helpful I've been except to say keep a look out on that site and it will update nearer the events.

Thank you for the info. Hopefully there's somebody out there in asimilar predicament to me to me. All I want is to watch the 2 sports closest to my heart. By the way,Cricket is a great game. Did you see how happy the Poms were yesterday when they beat the Aussies? As we were when we thumped Pakistan yesterday.
Lyn
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 12, 2007
Lyn wrote:
scot1870 wrote:http://liveonsat.com/Rugby_Union_all.php?start_dd=12&start_mm=02&start_yyyy=2007&end_dd=13&end_mm=03&end_yyyy=2007

Thank you for the info. Hopefully there's somebody out there in asimilar predicament to me to me. All I want is to watch the 2 sports closest to my heart. By the way,Cricket is a great game. Did you see how happy the Poms were yesterday when they beat the Aussies? As we were when we thumped Pakistan yesterday.

England and the English will win the World Cup
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 13, 2007
Handy website scott, thanks.

Lyn, You have a bit of a problem if you can't get supersport.
The only other of these channels available in Dubai are:

Sport+
Part of the TPS package on the Hotbird satellite (same used by ART/ADD). TPS is popular in Dubai for its interesting french movie channels.

Sky Sport Italia
Sky Italy... also on Hotbird.

SuperSport 7 Nova
Nova... also on Hotbird.

These all require a bit more knowledge than the average satellite souq jinglie can handle and are not as good as supersport anyway.

I will pm you a better solution.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum