CAR ACCIDENT

Topic locked
CAR ACCIDENT Feb 03, 2013
Hi,
I took a job in Dubai and left about 2 weeks later in 2007. I am sure I got the mandatory 6 month ban. I ran in to a wall in a hire car and did some damage to the door. There were no injured parties and the vehicle was slightly damaged.
Because I was in Dubai for only a short time, I failed to report this Police although the company I was working for did. I still got granted an exit VISA. As there were no injured parties and only minor damage can anyone suggest whether the 500 Dhs mandatory fine will prevent me from gaining a further VISA or is it simply a question of now paying the fine?
Since I left Dubai I have changed my name by Deed Poll due to parents divorce and the only thing that ties me to my previous identity is my degree certificate and Deed Poll. I have a new passport number and new UK Driving licence number.
Any advise or opinion most welcome!

shadowfactor
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: CAR ACCIDENT Feb 06, 2013
welcome aboard new you....
prowin
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: CAR ACCIDENT Feb 08, 2013
Hi shadowfactor,

I have heard that the database recognises an individual by his/her passport number and not the name.

If this is true then with your new passport number you should be fine.
nikkisizer
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

I think you are wrong. I am sure I will be picked up by the Iris scan and Finger Prints at immigration. It is looking as though I may have to make an appeak against my Abscondment due to illegal dismissal - the company did not compy with Labour Code clause 120 (5) in dismissing me without accapeting my resignation. If they had accepted my resignation I would have been looking at the mandatory year ban!
shadowfactor
Dubai Expat Wannabe

It is only what I have heard, whether it is right or wrong I do not know you will need to look into that side of things.
nikkisizer
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

What you 'heard' is a total load of rubbish

--- Mar 26, 2013 ---

shadowfactor , Immigration, Police and Court checks come back clear by Lawyer recommended by the British Embassy
shadowfactor
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum