No Body Can Help :-(

Topic locked
No body can help :-( May 05, 2007
Why I am telling that no body can help? because for very simple issues, no body has been able to help me, so, how can I find some one who could help me to start my own radio station in UAE?

YES!!! I want to run my own FM radio station in UAE and I need detail information on how to start it.

Any body can help?

mahmoodb
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: No body can help :-( May 06, 2007
mahmoodb wrote:Why I am telling that no body can help? because for very simple issues, no body has been able to help me, so, how can I find some one who could help me to start my own radio station in UAE?

YES!!! I want to run my own FM radio station in UAE and I need detail information on how to start it.

Any body can help?

Sounds like a simple enough idea....

:roll:
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 06, 2007
OK, she that knows it all when it comes to radio in the UAE.

In a word, NO you can't just start up your own radio station. As the regulations currently stand, a radio station must be under the Government of one of the Emirates i.e. owned by one of the Sheiks.

Example: Radio 1&2 (operated by Gulf News) owned by EMI, Abu Dhabi Government, Dubai 92/Dubai Eye/City FM run by ARN/DRN owned by Dubai Government, Channel 4/Radio 4 owned by Ajman Government etc etc.

Emirates Media owned by Abu Dhabi Government own all the frequencies, and they very very rarely sell them off these days, you need to know someone high up and have several million dirhams to buy a frequency.

The majority of frequencies have already been allocated to various Governments and they're just sitting on them for the time being.

I know several people who're looking at launching stations, they're all very well connected with loads of dosh and yet even they can't get frequencies. The market will deregulate in time, to allow privately run stations, but for now it's a no go.

Internet radio would be your best bet, although you have to be aware of copyright regulations etc etc etc.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 06, 2007
Chocoholic wrote:OK, she that knows it all when it comes to radio in the UAE.

In a word, NO you can't just start up your own radio station. As the regulations currently stand, a radio station must be under the Government of one of the Emirates i.e. owned by one of the Sheiks.

Example: Radio 1&2 (operated by Gulf News) owned by EMI, Abu Dhabi Government, Dubai 92/Dubai Eye/City FM run by ARN/DRN owned by Dubai Government, Channel 4/Radio 4 owned by Ajman Government etc etc.

Emirates Media owned by Abu Dhabi Government own all the frequencies, and they very very rarely sell them off these days, you need to know someone high up and have several million dirhams to buy a frequency.

The majority of frequencies have already been allocated to various Governments and they're just sitting on them for the time being.

I know several people who're looking at launching stations, they're all very well connected with loads of dosh and yet even they can't get frequencies. The market will deregulate in time, to allow privately run stations, but for now it's a no go.

Internet radio would be your best bet, although you have to be aware of copyright regulations etc etc etc.

You can not imagine how much excited I am !!! You really really surprised me with your briliant reply and I am very happy and thankful.
mahmoodb
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 06, 2007
Chocoholic wrote:OK, she that knows it all when it comes to radio in the UAE.

Do you mean podcasting when you talk about Internet Radio?
mahmoodb
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 07, 2007
Not necessarily, you can do live stgreaming radio. But again, for playing music there are copyright regulations and I'm not totally clued up on that at the moment.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Podcasting copyright issues May 07, 2007
I did some research and found very good articles on Podcasting copyright issues.

Let me tell you that there are so much restrictions on using music in Podcasts.

But, I found a new term, PodSafe, which points to those music materials that could be freely used in non-commercial Podcasts.

For instance, visit http://www.magnatune.com to find so many free music materials.

Hope you enjoy.
mahmoodb
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum