Which Do You Prefer?

Topic locked
Which do you prefer? Apr 15, 2011
If you have to lose someone very close to you like your partner, borther,sister, parents, children or very dear friend for any reason( sickness, immigration etc etc), do you prefer to know it in advance so you can enjoy their presence for a while, but you have to suffer the pain of knowing you can’t have this after a bit? Or you prefer to just face it in the time it happens and so deal with it when they are gone? This way you might regret some stuff you would like to do, but you don’t suffer in their presence…

Which do you prefer?

melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Which do you prefer? Apr 15, 2011
melika969 wrote:If you have to lose someone very close to you like your partner, borther,sister, parents, children or very dear friend for any reason( sickness, immigration etc etc), do you prefer to know it in advance so you can enjoy their presence for a while, but you have to suffer the pain of knowing you can’t have this after a bit? Or you prefer to just face it in the time it happens and so deal with it when they are gone? This way you might regret some stuff you would like to do, but you don’t suffer in their presence…

Which do you prefer?

I definitely would prefer to know. It's not just about enjoying them in the time that is left, but forgiving, being forgiven, share memories, hugs, holding hands, hopefully do a few things that we never got to do, but talked about, all of which would be added memories when they pass. My personal belief is that we would be saying "bye for now" because there will be another "time".

Check this out:

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Which Do You Prefer? Apr 15, 2011
I prefer to know, I have no emotions attached to the one who is going to pass away, Since there is not much I can do about it. The best I will do is offer emotional support, and remind them of what is to come.
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Which Do You Prefer? Apr 16, 2011
"In the long term, we are all dead anyway......" :mrgreen:
So, we all better be nice to each other..... :D
zonker
BANNED

Re: Which Do You Prefer? Apr 16, 2011
I would suffer both ways, but I would prefer to know, sometimes we have words stuck inside and they can only get out when we feel someone won't be around later...so we say them before its too late...

My answer: I prefer to know it in advance...
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Re: Which do you prefer? Apr 16, 2011
I don't want to know...because I already "know"...by which I mean that I treat everyone and say what I mean as if each person will die or leave tomorrow so that I will have no regrets...But that's just me.
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat