2 Sim Card Phones

Topic locked
2 sim card phones Mar 03, 2008
Can anyone recommend a good phone that has 2 sim cards!

I am technologically challenged...

Net Nannies - leave my post alone in General!

Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 03, 2008
To be honest, I would recommend against it.

Instead, divert one phone to the other... divert the one you pay for the calls to the one you don't pay for the calls.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 03, 2008
^ian^ wrote:To be honest, I would recommend against it.

Instead, divert one phone to the other... divert the one you pay for the calls to the one you don't pay for the calls.

Have to agree. My brother got one about a month ago. Now it collects dust in his bag. Totally useless. Bad reception, a call on one interrupts the other, and the battery lasts 5 minutes. Don't think they have quite perfected this one yet. You could probably buy it from him cheap if you want to! I know he bought it for 2k.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Mar 03, 2008
Samsung have a model with 2 sim card slot....
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 03, 2008
Or you could just buy a SIM adapter, which allows you to put 2 cards into the one slot and it can alternate between the two.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 03, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Or you could just buy a SIM adapter, which allows you to put 2 cards into the one slot and it can alternate between the two.

These unfortunately don't work with newer model phones. They were popular a couple of years ago, but now the issues of space and feature compatibility means that they won't work with new tech.
^ian^

Mar 03, 2008

Great idea! how do I do that? Note: one phone is the "refill with card" type and the other with montly billing..
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 03, 2008
Concord wrote:

Great idea! how do I do that? Note: one phone is the "refill with card" type and the other with montly billing..

http://www.e4me.co.ae/e4me/etisalat/sho ... elServices

Divert your Wasel phone using the following codes.
^ian^

Mar 03, 2008
^ian^ wrote:
Concord wrote:

Thanks pal. Owe you a beer - if it works!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 03, 2008
Concord wrote:
^ian^ wrote:
Concord wrote:

Thanks pal. Owe you a beer

Reviwer, take a clue. That is the kind of information/knowledge that is needed here not your sophomoric babble.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 03, 2008
Be careful as you also pay for the diversion call costs. Better to consolidate to one phone and use that.
Sheikhmo
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 03, 2008
Sheikhmo wrote:Be careful as you also pay for the diversion call costs. Better to consolidate to one phone and use that.

Who is charged? The # that is diverted or the one that receives it? if the former then it sucks! (but most likely the case)!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 03, 2008
The number that is doing the diverting pays.

For example my mobile 050-8787xxx is diverted to my Du number 055-8787xxx and I have to pay the diversion fees on the 050 number.
Sheikhmo
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 03, 2008
Sheikhmo wrote:The number that is doing the diverting pays.

For example my mobile 050-8787xxx is diverted to my Du number 055-8787xxx and I have to pay the diversion fees on the 050 number.

Can't be much I suppose. What about the call who pays.

Why are they picking on you? You seem helpful.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 03, 2008
Concord wrote:

The original caller pays and the diverted number pays and yes it is like Etisalat is double charging for the call making money from both the caller and you for the divert. This is the bad side of diversion.

I do not know why they pick on me but there is an old Arabic saying - the fool always wants to cut down the palm trees to make fire for warmth during winter. You seem like smart guy so no need for explanation - although you should read instruction manual for mobile phones.
Sheikhmo
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 03, 2008
Sheikhmo wrote:
Concord wrote:

The original caller pays and the diverted number pays and yes it is like Etisalat is double charging for the call making money from both the caller and you for the divert. This is the bad side of diversion.

Actually I don't even know this: Does one pay for receiving calls or just for making calls (I mean with your regular mobile)?
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 03, 2008
As far as I know, only the caller pays, not the receiver. I guess in theory, though, the diverted phone is "making a call" to the next number, so who knows in this case. I do know that when my company forgets to pay my GSM bill, I can get calls and texts, but not make them.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat