Rule Banning 20-year-old Vehicles Postponed..!!!

Topic locked
Dec 05, 2008
Now that is how you deal with 'lol ur ignant' edited. Nice work.

Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Dec 06, 2008
arniegang wrote:nice one dk

:lol:

Agreed
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 07, 2008
nice DK....

anyway the thread has been hijacked.....as usual.... :D
ahmeed80
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 07, 2008
LOOOOOOOOOOL I'm sorry but you guys can not be this stupid LOOOOL
Dk is hinting that the law got postponed probably cuz one other emirate disagreed with it and did not fit it, and I'm saying that this law got issued in AD and got postponed by AD dummies so it has nothing do with DK is applying, he is just as dump as you guys LOOOOOOL
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dec 07, 2008
uaekid wrote:LOOOOOOOOOOL I'm sorry but you guys can not be this stupid LOOOOL
Dk is hinting that the law got postponed probably cuz one other emirate disagreed with it and did not fit it, and I'm saying that this law got issued in AD and got postponed by AD dummies so it has nothing do with DK is applying, he is just as dump as you guys LOOOOOOL

Now here, children, we have a classic example of mistaken punctuation and syntax...had UAEKid inserted a comma after the second abbreviated acronym thus: "and got postponed by AD, dummies..." then it may have had a breath of venom, however the singular omission of the said lower parentheses renders the sentence insinuating that the author considers the powers that be in AD actually to be plastic mannekins without thought or sentient knowledge...

Maybe we are all 'dump'?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dec 08, 2008
Ohh did I embraces you sweet heart LOOOL ok well check your lectures notes next time..

Now let me go enjoy my subway tuna sandwich
uaekid

Dec 08, 2008
uaekid wrote:Ohh did I embraces you sweet heart

You, guys, knew each other? 8)
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 08, 2008
Red Chief wrote:
uaekid wrote:Ohh did I embraces you sweet heart

You, guys, knew each other? 8)

Thankfully not!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dec 08, 2008

DK,

I don't know why you even bother to respond to the uae kid. He sounds like a spoiled brat and an airhead.

I myself cannot understand most of his posts due to his poor English and limited vocabulary, which he probably picked from listening to Rap music and watching a few movies.

---------

Uae kid,

There is no shame in not knowing how to express yourself well enough in English (we can live with that), but the shame is in being unnecessarily nasty and calling everyone else dummy and stupid.

Grow up kid…and learn how to be respectful of the others, even if you don't agree with them.

8) 8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 09, 2008
Tom Jones wrote:***

DK,

I don't know why you even bother to respond to the uae kid. He sounds like a spoiled brat and an airhead.

I myself cannot understand most of his posts due to his poor English and limited vocabulary, which he probably picked from listening to Rap music and watching a few movies.

---------

Uae kid,

There is no shame in not knowing how to express yourself well enough in English (we can live with that), but the shame is in being unnecessarily nasty and calling everyone else dummy and stupid.

Grow up kid…and learn how to be respectful of the others, even if you don't agree with them.

8) 8) 8)

I know my writings sucks LOOOL but that's not the case now.. and yaa I 'll call you guys dummies bcz you follow others like sheep's with out knowing what in hell is he talking about . you ppl need to read , think then give your replies and stop embarrassing yourselves like Dk did, I mean he took advantage of your poor knowledge in what ever grap he was lecturing you and I corrected him, so I did you guys a favor so you wont say what ever Dk said in front of others and again show how dump you are.. you see where I'm going with this ?

DK
There is no shame in admitting you were wrong or correcting your info, it's better that your last reply. You are just hiding your shame behindit.

See you tomorrow. I got to go have me milk and go to sleep:)
uaekid

Dec 09, 2008
Tom, you are right. No point in responding as apparently I have been 'corrected'.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dec 09, 2008
If they change these laws does it mean you have to take your car off the road if it is x years old (x where that is the number of years they passed the law to)?

In some countries like Canada even if they did something like this, I know we would be grandfathered, meaning the existing older vehicles would be allowed to remain on the road.
compevo
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 09, 2008
What are the current import laws in Dubai? How old/new can the vehicle be?

That article mentioned different things, but didn't confirm whether the other details mentioned were also cancelled, or are in effect now.

Thanks
compevo
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 09, 2008
compevo wrote:What are the current import laws in Dubai? How old/new can the vehicle be?

That article mentioned different things, but didn't confirm whether the other details mentioned were also cancelled, or are in effect now.

Thanks

You cannot import any vehicle into Dubai that is more than 10 years old. This counts if it is coming from Shanghai or Sharjah. If a vehicle is already here, it may be transferred and sold up to 20 years old but only within the Emirate of registration. After that it must either be scrapped or classified as a 'Classic or Chrished vehicle'. To do that it must pass certain criteria by the RTA. As yet these have not been finalised. (by Abu Dhabi by the way!!!)

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dec 10, 2008
Thanks for this info Dubai Knight. So any vehicle less than 10 years old can be imported?

This makes Dubai a great place to live, here in Canada we are very limited on what can be imported and cars must be 15-years old.

I'm a big fan of JDM cars, and Japan has a lot of amazing vehicles to suit any taste that weren't available in other markets.

I know Japan ships a lot of used vehicles to Dubai actually. I run a site called http://jdmvip.com if anyone wants information on the cars themselves or how to find a company to ship a car to you.

Some people want to move from Canada to a place like Dubai just to drive cars that aren't allowed here.

This is very exciting news.
compevo
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat