is that how other countries follow?

where did they get this idea from?

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Dec 21, 2008
Yeah and linking this to the later thread about how happy are you on a scale of 1 - 10, if you really hate your job, and this is making you really unhappy, then the threat of a ban if you try to leave is hardly going to make you enjoy Dubai any better
Wednesday Jones
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 21, 2008
Believe it or not, I have it on good authority that it comes from the days of slavery, when the "master" had to issue an NOC for his slaves to do anything. Not kidding.

Doesn't that just bring it into perspective?
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Dec 21, 2008
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Slavery is the systematic exploitation of labour. As a social-economic system, slavery is a legal or informal institution under which a person (called "a slave") is compelled to work for another (sometimes called "the master" or "slave owner").[1] Evidence of slavery predates written records, and has existed to varying extents, forms and periods in almost all cultures and continents.[2] Slaves are held against their will from the time of their capture, purchase, or birth, and are deprived of the right to leave, to refuse to work, or to receive compensation (such as wages) in return for their labour. As such, slavery is one form of unfree labor. Today, slavery is formally outlawed in nearly all countries, but the phenomenon continues to exist in various forms around the world.[3][4]
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dec 21, 2008
No one says you can't get a job if you don't have a NOC. If fact you can get a job anywhere you want... just not in this country.

:wink:
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Dec 23, 2008
Nowadays and for the next few months NOC is easy to acquire.The problem is where to find new jobs? (with better benefits of course) since most Companys all over the world have problems reguarding the Global recession.
ArchitectRoel
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 24, 2008
is it possible to switch without NOC?

:?
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Dec 24, 2008
sharfraz wrote:is it possible to switch without NOC?

Yes, some companies can get a visa for you even though you do not have an NOC. But that company is rare to find, I think most of them are small enterprise.
spirophonix
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 24, 2008
The ban lifting fee is 5000/- Dhs and i've heard that even if u have NOC,u still need to pay the fee in order to remove the ban and to get ur new employment visa. :cry:
ahmeed80
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2008
ahmeed80 wrote:The ban lifting fee is 5000/- Dhs and i've heard that even if u have NOC,u still need to pay the fee in order to remove the ban and to get ur new employment visa. :cry:

Watta a crap, can't blame them, they're the Host...
spirophonix
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 29, 2008
spirophonix wrote:
sharfraz wrote:is it possible to switch without NOC?

Yes, some companies can get a visa for you even though you do not have an NOC. But that company is rare to find, I think most of them are small enterprise.

If you switch job/company without finishing your current contract and without obtaining an NOC,you will be banned (by UAE law)
ArchitectRoel
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 29, 2008
OK, have I got this right. If I don't finish my contract and quit and try to get another job I will get banned, but if I pay 5000 Dhs I can lift the ban?

That seems OK, especially if you get another job paying more than the last place. So can I pay 5000 regardless if I have a NOC?
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Dec 29, 2008
Captain Australia wrote:OK, have I got this right. If I don't finish my contract and quit and try to get another job I will get banned, but if I pay 5000 Dhs I can lift the ban?

That seems OK, especially if you get another job paying more than the last place. So can I pay 5000 regardless if I have a NOC?

In most cases yes,u can pay 5000 and the ban will be removed.....
ahmeed80
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 29, 2008
Check out the 'Ultimate Ban Guide' sticky in the Working in Dubai Forum. DXB Soul, who is our resident employment guru, has put all the latest details in there.

It may clarify matters.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat