New Case For Traffic Accident

Topic locked
new case for traffic accident Jun 28, 2009
I had an accident and the police report they made they said it is the fault of the other car who it me from behind. Guy was driving with expired insurance.

Now they called and said there is a new case? What that means?

They changed their mind?

Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 28, 2009
welcome to Dubai, I just hope for you the guy behind was not a local as they have the power to change the color of the police report slip
capsicum
BANNED

Jun 28, 2009
capsicum wrote:welcome to Dubai, I just hope for you the guy behind was not a local as they have the power to change the color of the police report slip

he is. slip was not made since the case is gone to traffic court. Just wondering what new case means.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 28, 2009
I've heard of a couple of people who have labelled as "at fault" because the guy actually at fault has a expired insurance. they probably do it out of pity.

If the guy hit you from behind - it is by default taken as the fault of the guy who hit yho. No "buts" and no chances of argument.

However, from what you are saying, seems like he has the power the alter the case - probably means a powerful bum. Probably to escape the high costs and penalties, he's made up some story, probably put up some allegation against you. Why dont you go to the police station and clarify? At least you'll be at ease. Oh and while you're there and if you feel they're pulling your leg, just keep on insisting to see the "next higher up". AND DONT SIGN ANYTHING YOU CAN'T READ/UNDERSTAND.
michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 29, 2009
guy from police station told me it is just for the court. Nothing new.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat