How Are You Today?

Topic locked
Re: How Are you Today? Feb 26, 2011
Outside sounds perfect!

Are you sure I can't bring my cheerleaders outfit? I do have a 'Get Out Of Jail Free' card to play if I upset any locals!

Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: How Are You Today? Feb 26, 2011
Actually, you would serve as entertainment for them. Western bellydancer?? They would take those dirhams and stuff them in your top and bottom. Could cover the bill!!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: How Are you Today? Feb 28, 2011
BM has been fine today but I wish I could say the same for little Miss Beth, who is struggling with her dance injury!

I awoke this morning determinded to put my domestic godess hat on and do some housework. That thought lasted five minutes and me and Beth went shopping (again). I have to admit it was like dragging a disabled person around M&S. Respect to the parents of disabled children out there.

Went to Asda, or should I say Walmart for Bora's benefit. Out comes BM, pushing her trolley, dressed in Barbour jacket and big scarf to see, coming towards her, a very large white girl in a red vest and black jogging bottoms. 'Mum, please don't stare' says Beth. BM gets in to the Beemer wondering if she is getting soft and checks the temperature. 4C.

Got back home and decided to have a Mother Daughter talk about Beth's school report. It actually was very good, many excellents and a few goods. Having my Mother hat on I went over the goods and explained how these would be excellents next time round. I squeezed her bad knee to make sure she got the message.
Bethsmum

Re: How Are You Today? Mar 01, 2011
Today feels great,
although I faced difficulties waking up in the morning, but day at work was fine, then I did pretty well at the GYM, have you heard about the Marathon on 25th March? I am thinking to join it :D ...
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Re: How Are you Today? Mar 02, 2011
Mahmoud, I have serious doubts that you would be able to drag yourself out of your pit in time for the start of the marathon. LOL I still think you must be a local.

I have had a seriously sh1te day at work, being lectured at by some do-gooder on how to treat staff. Why can't people just turn up and give value for money? Stress, human rights etc, I'd give them all a slap if they didn't come up to scratch if i had my way.

The lunch was ok tho'. At 2.30pm I had to get up as I was in serious trouble from falling off my chair, I went to the loo and had to walk thro the bar. There was four lads from Liverpool having a lunch time session. Had I not been in fear of the Government threats to Local Government employees I would have joined them and have no doubt would have still been there now. I must be getting old and sensible. How bloody boring is that?
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:Mahmoud, I have serious doubts that you would be able to drag yourself out of your pit in time for the start of the marathon. LOL I still think you must be a local.

BethsM, well in fact I am already on the GYM for few weeks now, don't u notice I ate apple every morning :) and guess what, today managed to make the 5 KM in half an hour... :bounce:

Its not a secret anymore :D I am Egyptian
the way you want to treat your employees sounds scary, poor Beth :wink: don't know why I remembered my boss now :D but I managed to manage him :twisted:

this falling of chair feeling I had around 3 pm and had to drink another coffee to survive, but I know how it feels when u miss ur bed at work...

another day to the weekend, hhhhhhhhhhh need to start planning something ASAP
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Don't worry about Beth, Mahmoud, she has a very very good life and is the apple of her mother's eye. She's the only apple in my life, I don't like fruit.
I can't like wimps Mahmoud. Turn up and do a good job or let someone else have a go.
I don't like the gym either. Good luck with the marathon and Eygpt.
Bethsmum

Re: How Are You Today? Mar 02, 2011
did you make any detective work on my post ? did it carry any meaning to u?
i am confused...
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

I'm not a detective Mahmoud, I'm just BM. :D
Bethsmum

ok BM, apologies if there was a misunderstanding...
good night...
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Mahmoud04 wrote:ok BM, apologies if there was a misunderstanding...
good night...

Absolutely no need to apologise to BM Mahmoud!
We have lost something in translation! I don't take offence easily! :D Get yourself to bed and have an early night, it must be 2.15am with you!
Bethsmum

Re: How Are You Today? Mar 03, 2011
looooooong day, just about to sleep now :s almost 5, has no idea how I will wake up in the morning....
the only interesting thing about today (Wednesday) is that, tomorrow is the weekend...
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Re: How Are you Today? Mar 05, 2011
It's been a strange old day for BM today. The end of a long long week and very draining.
Today, at work, I had to interview a member of the public, a man. He broke down in tears and cried like a baby.
Nothing I said, but an accumulation of his circumstances. He has debts, not massive, but which he can't afford. He is getting harrassed by debt recovery agents, and me, and to top it all, his daughter, aged two, died a couple of months ago.
I ended the interview thinking F. it, i'm off to live in Dubai, I don't need this sh1t anymore.

I ended the day on a lighter note. My beautiful Beth was singled out in class by her Deputy Head. He came to congratulate her on her school report. He announced in front of the class that the school was told not to congratulate those who achieved because it may make those who didn't, inferior, but he felt it right to acknowledge exemplary work. Bless her, she couldn't pronounce exemplary and we went thro a few words before I could get what she was on about. I see there is still work to do. Having said that she made me very proud today, looks and brains, she will go far.

Finished the day with a bottle of Chardonnay....
Bethsmum

Re: How Are you Today? Mar 05, 2011
Bethsmum wrote:i'm off to live in Dubai, I don't need this sh1t anymore.

I remember a most prolific statement I read on the wall of a construction site toilet many Years ago, I lived the rest of my life with this in mind;

Life is like a sh1t sandwich, the more bread you have, the less sh1t you have to eat. :)

Joking aside it’s everywhere and I think Dubai has more than it’s fair share! I’ve been dodging bucket loads of the stuff for as long as I can remember! now it looks as if Herve has finally shaken off most of what has been directed at him although some of it does appear to have stuck!

:lol:
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: How Are you Today? Mar 06, 2011
Yes Dillon, never a truer word said, it's all about the money, never mind the price tag.

Beth has been on a downer since giving her BlackBerry a bath. Despite my valiant efforts I was unable to save it and therefore today I have given in and bought her a BlackBerry thing, apparently it's the best one, better than the Curve or the Bold, so i'm told!
As we speak she is on FB giving everyone and their Aunty her BBM number and telling everyone what a good mother I am.
So everything is sunny in Casa BM..

Finished the day with a bottle of Chardonnay :drunken:
Bethsmum

Re: How Are you Today? Mar 07, 2011
Bethsmum wrote:Yes Dillon, never a truer word said, it's all about the money, never mind the price tag.

Beth has been on a downer since giving her BlackBerry a bath. Despite my valiant efforts I was unable to save it and therefore today I have given in and bought her a BlackBerry thing, apparently it's the best one, better than the Curve or the Bold, so i'm told!
As we speak she is on FB giving everyone and their Aunty her BBM number and telling everyone what a good mother I am.
So everything is sunny in Casa BM..

Finished the day with a bottle of Chardonnay :drunken:

Cheerssssssssssssssssss
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: How Are you Today? Mar 08, 2011
Cheers Sage! BM is raising her glass to you and listening to Youtube at the same time!

We need to take it back in time,
When music made us all unite
And it wasn't low blows and video hoes,
Am I the only one getting tired
Why is everybody so obsessed
Money can't buy us happiness
Can we all slow down and enjoy right now
Guarantee we'll be feeling Alright.

Money can't buy happiness although it can go along way to helping things along, can it not?

It's been an uneventful day for me today, except for receiving a lovely email from a friend, wishing my sister happy birthday on the phone and getting a big hug from Beth, so all in all a very good day!
Bethsmum

Re: How Are You Today? Mar 08, 2011
I am new to this thread but will chime in. DD is working USA hours, so not finished for an hour yet. All in all a good day/week. If all goes to plan, DD will be able to leave Dubai and not worry about work for a while. The boat show was a success and I have a few proposals out there. Funny when you set things in motion to leave, things turn around. The clock is ticking, we let the LL know that we are making tracks by April 15! We are homeless in just over a month! This flat and this part of town has been great to us and we will miss it.

A month from now and we will be on the beaches of Mozambique. I do not think I will be getting much sleep with business ramping up!
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Re: How Are You Today? Mar 08, 2011
dubaidog wrote:I am new to this thread but will chime in. DD is working USA hours, so not finished for an hour yet. All in all a good day/week. If all goes to plan, DD will be able to leave Dubai and not worry about work for a while. The boat show was a success and I have a few proposals out there. Funny when you set things in motion to leave, things turn around. The clock is ticking, we let the LL know that we are making tracks by April 15! We are homeless in just over a month! This flat and this part of town has been great to us and we will miss it.

A month from now and we will be on the beaches of Mozambique. I do not think I will be getting much sleep with business ramping up!

You are moving to Mozambique?
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: How Are you Today? Mar 10, 2011
I think DD means he's going on his holidays Ambassador!

Well the weather has taken a turn for the worse in this northern part of England today. We have been blessed with wind, rain and snow on the tops, oh what joy!
As I look out of the windows, here at work, I see blue skies and white fluffy clouds, while from the other window I see grey skies and the Union Jack being blown about like a rag. Apparantly it's one of those random Royal's birthday today, Edward, I think, the failed Royal Marine.
More good news from the Government this morning when they announced they are to ram raid my pension fund. Rich, attractive men, please apply here! My final salary scheme is about to be kicked into touch and I will have to contribute an extra 3% pa so we can give a bit more to India for their space programme.
I ventured out to the Deli for my lunch and invested in leek and potato soup, I now have rosy red cheeks which resemble the petals of an English rose. Well that's what my team member has told me, there again, he has just asked me if he can have the afternoon off.
Bethsmum

Re: How Are you Today? Mar 10, 2011
Bethsmum wrote:
I think DD means he's going on his holidays Ambassador!

Well the weather has taken a turn for the worse in this northern part of England today. We have been blessed with wind, rain and snow on the tops, oh what joy!
As I look out of the windows, here at work, I see blue skies and white fluffy clouds, while from the other window I see grey skies and the Union Jack being blown about like a rag. Apparantly it's one of those random Royal's birthday today, Edward, I think, the failed Royal Marine.
More good news from the Government this morning when they announced they are to ram raid my pension fund. Rich, attractive men, please apply here! My final salary scheme is about to be kicked into touch and I will have to contribute an extra 3% pa so we can give a bit more to India for their space programme.
I ventured out to the Deli for my lunch and invested in leek and potato soup, I now have rosy red cheeks which resemble the petals of an English rose. Well that's what my team member has told me, there again, he has just asked me if he can have the afternoon off.

Why wouldn't he, I'm in Accra nothing wrong with that!!!
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: How Are you Today? Mar 11, 2011
Nothing at all Sage, except that DD has already posted about shipping all his belongings to Brisbane, nearly to have them wiped out in the floods and about moving into Mrs DD's grandads waterfront house very shortly. Even BM didn't miss that and she's always on the lash :drunken: They are called clues!

I took the lovely Miss Beth out for her tea tonight. We went to one of our local pubs, it was very cosy, two open fires in the bar, one at each end, while the hail stones landed like diamonds on my car outside! There were some foreigners at the bar :evil: When I say foreigners, I mean not locals but white men from the south of England. They were talking about BM's beloved Man City! Of course they didn't have a clue what they were talking about and BM ears pricked up! One look from Miss B told BM to put a sock in it.

The food was nice. Beth had beer battered fish and chips, salad and a side order of battered onion rings, and a diet coke (LOL) while BM had Pot Roasted Angus Topside with horseraddish mash, vegetables, onion gravy and a very large glass of Chardonnay. The chardonnay was the best bit. :drunken:
Bethsmum

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat