For Dubai Drivers In The Rain - Public Service Announcement

Topic locked
Dec 13, 2006
Actually the original topic is how to drive safely in wet weather, something which you're not doing at all. If you're driving at 140kph on wet roads, if for some reason you have to brake suddenly, it will be like driving on ice and you'll be all over the place. People should not be speeding in perfect driving conditions, let alone when conditions are hazardous.

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 13, 2006
Yes Maam :oops: :o
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 13, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Actually the original topic is how to drive safely in wet weather, something which you're not doing at all. If you're driving at 140kph on wet roads, if for some reason you have to brake suddenly, it will be like driving on ice and you'll be all over the place. People should not be speeding in perfect driving conditions, let alone when conditions are hazardous.

I am glad you know your limits. Everyone should drive within their limits. It is the best way to not have accidents.

The topic was still about people driving through puddles at 5 kph though. Would anyone like me to get into the details of hydroplaning, hydrolock, effects of different tyre widths in rain, FWD vs RWD, and defensive driving concepts?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 13, 2006
yorky500 wrote:
Q: What is the duty of the traffic warden at the accident site?

A: The duties of the traffic warden are summarized in the following:-

- Keeping the money of people and carrying out a detection prosecution and delivering it to the planner when he shows up.

I love this bit!!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 13, 2006
the_zooter wrote:
yorky500 wrote:
Q: What is the duty of the traffic warden at the accident site?

A: The duties of the traffic warden are summarized in the following:-

- Keeping the money of people and carrying out a detection prosecution and delivering it to the planner when he shows up.

I love this bit!!

Question, who is the Traffic Warden?.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat