Engine Modification

Topic locked
Jun 20, 2006
1 - k&n conical filter
2 - ngk irridium spark plugz
3 - freeflow system which includes headers manifolds and exhaust
4 - any kind of power chip...say tri-phase , heard it boosts performance by 20 % so consider atleast 10 % increase which is also too much
5 - porting and polishing
6 - to reduce the weight ...you could modify the body of your car using fiber kits dat is fiber plastic .
7 - u could get a turbo with a nice intercooler
8 - if all this also makes u feel your car is slow...then sell off the engine , and buy a new engine and go ahead with engine transplant ....worked for my car .

P.S - if u get conical filter for yourself , make sure u get a custom made pipe to for cold air intake , or else your car will be slower than what it actually is ...pm me if any query...im bigtime into cars....

coolfocker
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jun 20, 2006
coolfocker wrote:im bigtime into cars....

Hard to take seriously when your first two suggestions are utter crap for the applications here.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 20, 2006
Try nitrous on a standard engine in good condition. Dont be too greedy and go for a 50-75bhp shot and you can have some fun. Should improve your performance. A turbo car would benifit from some kinda water injection to try and cool down that poor intercooler. The oxygen in hot air is not as dense and this can affect combustion. Apparantly (well thats what I think I remember from high school science)
watkinssound
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 21, 2006
NOS? For everyday driving? :lol: No offence here mate, but we're talking about a bog stock Mazda 3, not the MPS version. Anything over a wet 25hp shot and those piston rings are not going to be happy campers :x
Water/Methanol injection has nothing to do with the intercooler - its a direct spray into the throttle body/manifold. Maybe you meant just water spray? If so, due to the climate here its a step in the wrong direction. If you really want to cool down the I/C here then hit it with NOS - personally I find it a waste of good NOS.
Correct on the last point - fuel doesn't burn efficiently and your car will also be more prone to pinging and detonation.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 21, 2006
dude...i went orderwise and those things do help you....conical filter for better air intake and irridium spark plugz is very good to burn fuel...it doesnt waste it like stock cars
coolfocker
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jun 22, 2006
coolfocker wrote:dude...i went orderwise and those things do help you....conical filter for better air intake and irridium spark plugz is very good to burn fuel...it doesnt waste it like stock cars

How's ur afm doing? Taken a look at ur intake lately?

What ignition controller do you use? You running more advance?
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 13, 2006
50-75 shot of NOs WILL be fine if engine is in good order as you will in reality only get between 30-50bhp increase if your lucky.Yes your right xrw-147 NOs Will burn out piston rings if in constant use. As for water injection, yes I meant a H2O spray on the intercooler. On and XRW-147, Whats Pinging? I thought that was when you had an active sonar contact on a submarine or warship. PING PING PING LOL. Not taking the P though. I thought we called pre-det pinking although I think pinking is just as funny. :lol: :lol: oh ps cant you just use very very cold water (like ice or somefink)
watkinssound
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 15, 2006
Will be fine for engine short term but as it has been mentioned engine logevity is sacrificed for, lack of a better word, a shitty car.

There's so much more you can do, and for less, to a 3 and have reliable all day, everyday power increases that are not dependant on a switch and constant outlay.

Pinging and pinking are one in the same. Although it is more commonly referred to as pinging.

Have you been in Dubai? How do you intend to keep water "(very) cold" anywhere other than a fridge? Let alone on a car...

Knocking (also called pinking or pinging)—technically detonation—in internal combustion engines occurs when fuel/air mixture in the cylinder has been ignited by the spark plug and the smooth burning is interrupted by the unburned mixture in the combustion chamber exploding before the flame front can reach it. Combusting stops suddenly, because of the explosion, before the optimum moment of the four-stroke cycle. The resulting shockwave reverberates in the combustion chamber and pressures increase catastrophically, creating a characteristic metallic "pinging" sound.
RA
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jul 15, 2006
Have you been in Dubai? How do you intend to keep water "(very) cold" anywhere other than a fridge? Let alone on a car...

Yep! Its not that Hot :wink:

I think you could wire up the A/C unit to produce cold water.
Although I guess the power gain will be matched by the power loss of using the A/C.

I am being daft by the way :lol:
watkinssound
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 16, 2006
watkinssound wrote:Yep! Its not that Hot :wink:

I think you could wire up the A/C unit to produce cold water.
Although I guess the power gain will be matched by the power loss of using the A/C.

I am being daft by the way :lol:

Why not just hook it up so you can use your 'coolant' reservoir as your spray? :wink:
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 18, 2006
Why not just hook it up so you can use your 'coolant' reservoir as your spray?

Thats a wicked idea. I will get on to it this afternoon...... Wait will I have enough water left for the rad? :? :?
watkinssound
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 18, 2006
watkinssound wrote:Thats a wicked idea. I will get on to it this afternoon...... Wait will I have enough water left for the rad? :? :?

You'll have to top it up at every petrol fill - much the same as normal i/c water sprays :wink:
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto