WANTING TO BUY STUDIOS NEED CRITICAL INFORMATION.

Topic locked
WANTING TO BUY STUDIOS NEED CRITICAL INFORMATION. Apr 07, 2007
Must say finding this forum has rekindled my desires to move to Dubai once again. I am a property developer in London and with things hitting saturation here i have to look for other pastuers for investments. So, I intend on buying 2 studio to test the waters ,which are complete and ready to give me an income straight away . Now these are the points that come to my mind and ill put my questions to you all in points.Futher, i also realise if i buy offplan, there is a chance of making a great return on capital as the project comes to completion, thats how the Dubai market works with speculators. But, i am also comsidering with rates set to rise, and the subprime fear that is crushing US real estate, will that ripple also send shocks into Dubai's market?? if it hasn't already.

questions:-

1)are the properties at international city freehold or leasehold and do they give you a residents visa? if so, how many people in the family would be eligible to apply?? (does it work this way, that the head of the family applies and sponsors the rest?)
2) Would the 2% registration fee still be waived? or these flats are no longer with the developers and registration fee will be payable?
3)if people are renting rooms in dubai for between 3k-5k wouldn't they prefer to rent a studio,as studios at IC rent for that much, or they prefer renting rooms as they don't have to pay gas, electrics etc etc....??
4)when a tenant takes on the property what are his responsiblities besides paying rent and utilities, who pays for maintanence,looking after the garden...etc etc
5)what is the demand for studios at International city(IC) on renting , what are the pros and cons of owning and renting at IC, besides the sewage plant and contruction sites in the vicinity, that information was from this forum.
6)Would it be advisable to buy the properties on a mortgage or outright cash.

All answers will be greatly appreciated, they can be as elaborate or one pointers .
Thank-you :!: :!:

londoncalling
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai