April And Dubai

Topic locked
April and Dubai Feb 08, 2012
I will be coming to Dubai in the first week of April for around 1 month . I have an examination there for 1 day and the other days I will be living there for a job search since I will already have a visa for 1 month I dont like to waste it and use it .

I would like to have a room with internet ( wifi etc) for that and I have heard that this thing in Dubai cost high therefore people recommended me to get this in Sharjah . People told me that I can get a room in Sharjah for 1000 AED per month with internet .

My question is that if my exam is starting at 7:15 in morning will I be able to reach Dubai from Sharjah quickly considering the fact that I leave from house at around 6 AM . Will i get taxi easily ? Do they offer pick and drop taxi ? If yes how much they charge from Sharjah to Dubai ( Knowledge VIllage ) .

If this is easy I should get a room in Sharjah directly because getting a hotel etc in Dubai would also cost high I have heard .

Please comment on this ? Should i consider getting a place in Dubai or my plan to get a room in Sharjah is good .

Also if in this forum there is someone who can help me arrange accommodation please contact me .

hackalogy
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: April And Dubai Feb 08, 2012
To get a taxi from Sharjah to Dubai, you can only take a Sharjah taxi and they put a 20 dhs extra on when they cross the border as it were, and vise versa for Dubai taxis going to Sharjah. From sharjah to Knowledge Village is going to cost you at least 150 Dhs in taxi fares - one way!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: April And Dubai Feb 10, 2012
Why are you looking at the hotels, stay at Dubai self catering apartments and you will be able to save alot of money. Search on Google and you will find several self catering apartments options. Choose the one that suits your budget. Hope this helps!
Sabeen
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai