Visa Query

Topic locked
Visa query Sep 18, 2010
Hello,
I am planning to do a short course of 3 months in abudhabi but will be staying in dubai. I can get upto 60 days of visit visa which is not enough for me to complete the course. I have no relative to sponsor me a 90 days visa nor can i extend my 60 days visa to a 90 days visa. And im not sure whether the school/university will be providing me the visa as they provide the visas for 1 year and 2 year long students. I'd really like to know what other ways i can get a 90 days visa? And is it fine studying on a visit visa or i have to get a students visa?

Thanks,
FK

death87
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Visa query Sep 18, 2010
No doubt someone will give you a better suggestion than this but can't you just travel over the Omani border and re-enter therefore getting a new stamp in your passport?
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Visa query Sep 19, 2010
Hi death - what nationality are you - Bethsmum makes a good point, and you might just be able to hop over the border. However, the institute you are studying with should provide you with a student visa - sounds a bit fishy if they aren't - good luck
Katkoot74
Dubai Forum User

Re: Visa query Sep 19, 2010
death87 wrote:Hello,
I am planning to do a short course of 3 months in abudhabi but will be staying in dubai. I can get upto 60 days of visit visa which is not enough for me to complete the course. I have no relative to sponsor me a 90 days visa nor can i extend my 60 days visa to a 90 days visa. And im not sure whether the school/university will be providing me the visa as they provide the visas for 1 year and 2 year long students. I'd really like to know what other ways i can get a 90 days visa? And is it fine studying on a visit visa or i have to get a students visa?

Thanks,
FK

See the list of nationalities that can get a UAE visa on arrival. If you're one of them then you can do a visa run every 30 days.

http://www.dubaifaqs.com/visa-arrival-d ... lities.php

If not, then option B is a student visa. There is apparently a student visit visa valid for 60 days, renewable twice.

http://www.dubaifaqs.com/visa-student-dubai.php

If not, then ask school if they can sponsor you for 90 day visit visa, or if they know someone who can. Sometimes companies can do this. And if a school is offering a short course for 3 months I would have thought they'd have investigated visa options for overseas students.

If not, then maybe a mission visa might work, if you can find an "employer" to sponsor you for one.

http://www.dubaifaqs.com/visa-mission-dubai.php

If not, then you're stuck as far as I can tell. The only visit visa options are 30 or 90 days non-renewable, the only tourist visa option is 30 days renewable once.

Don't know if studying on a visit visa is a problem. Maybe technically it is but I haven't heard of anyone having a problem. Then again I haven't heard of many people studying while on a visit or tourist visa.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Visa Query Sep 25, 2010
@Bethsmum : I was adviced the same by someone and was planning to do that but then a friend told me i cannot get a new visa till one month after the previous visa expires.

@Katkoot74 : I have checked up with the school and they are not providing me a visa for a short course. I'll have to manage on my own. They said i can get an extention once i come there. I can get a 30 day visa but is it possible to extend my visa twice to reach upto 90 days? I am from India.

@bonk: thank you for the links but i had gone through all of it. I won't get a visa on arrival because i don't fall under the nationality who are eligible to get one on visit. The school is not providing me the visa. I cannot get a mission visa because no employer would provide me or the matter of fact i dont know any company who would provide me. And i think there would be lots of other procedures to go through if i enter in as an employer for which i dont have much time. I checked with the airlines and they provide only 30 days :(

THE AIRLINES TOLD ME, FEMALES BELOW THE AGE OF 25 SHOULD BE ACCOMPANIED BY A PARENT... IS THAT TRUE? FEW YEARS BACK I HAD TRAVELLED ALONE AND THERE WERE NO SUCH THING THEN. IS THIS SOME NEW RULE THAT HAS COME UP?
death87
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Visa query Sep 25, 2010
Are you sure about the Oman border thing? My friend used to go to Oman for a couple of days R&R and come back to get her visa renewed, before she got her residents one. Always best to make sure and not just rely on what a friend says, not just for this but everything.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Visa Query Sep 25, 2010
If your not coming under one of the Nationalities that gets visa on arrival I believe that you will have to follow the rule regarding staying away for one month. You should speak again to the School, they should be able to do something if you are coming to follow a course with them.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Visa query Sep 26, 2010
Bethsmum wrote:Are you sure about the Oman border thing? My friend used to go to Oman for a couple of days R&R and come back to get her visa renewed, before she got her residents one. Always best to make sure and not just rely on what a friend says, not just for this but everything.

Probably the best advice here. Trouble with asking in a forum is you get many different answers. Ask the immigration department or the UAE embassy. You probably get different answers from them also but at least the conflicting answers will be from official sources.

The stay out of the UAE for one month rule came into effect June or July 2008 I think - but not applicable to visa on arrival countries (India is not one of them).

death87 wrote:@Bethsmum : I was adviced the same by someone and was planning to do that but then a friend told me i cannot get a new visa till one month after the previous visa expires.

@Katkoot74 : I have checked up with the school and they are not providing me a visa for a short course. I'll have to manage on my own. They said i can get an extention once i come there. I can get a 30 day visa but is it possible to extend my visa twice to reach upto 90 days? I am from India.

@bonk: thank you for the links but i had gone through all of it. I won't get a visa on arrival because i don't fall under the nationality who are eligible to get one on visit. The school is not providing me the visa. I cannot get a mission visa because no employer would provide me or the matter of fact i dont know any company who would provide me. And i think there would be lots of other procedures to go through if i enter in as an employer for which i dont have much time. I checked with the airlines and they provide only 30 days :(

THE AIRLINES TOLD ME, FEMALES BELOW THE AGE OF 25 SHOULD BE ACCOMPANIED BY A PARENT... IS THAT TRUE? FEW YEARS BACK I HAD TRAVELLED ALONE AND THERE WERE NO SUCH THING THEN. IS THIS SOME NEW RULE THAT HAS COME UP?

No school or university provides a visa, the immigration department does. Pedantic I know but here's why: ask the school if they provide proof of your enrolment, then ask immigration department if that's what they need for short term student visa (30 or 90 days, renewable twice, I forget now - was in one of the earlier links).

Anyway, do you have any confidence in an institution that is so unhelpful about getting you a visa? There are a lot of dud places here that take your money and do very little for it.

I have heard vague and inconsistent comments about single females under 25 or 30 being denied entry to the UAE, depending on nationality. Probably because if there is a rule, it's vague and inconsistently applied. Contact the immigration department or UAE embassy. If you do get some sort of visa, it's unlikely you'll be turned back from the UAE because you're female and under 25 without a parent accompanying you - it's more likely you wouldn't get the visa in the first place if that was a problem.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

undefined May 05, 2014
am working in an automobile firm since last 2 months. last day i attended an interview and got job with better salary. is there is any formalities to join me in new company..
kunjus
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai