My Training Course In Dubai

Topic locked
My training course in Dubai Jan 23, 2012
I am a training provider here in UK and have had enquiries from some people in Dubai who would like me to pop over there to run my training course.

The course lasts for 2 weeks (14 days) and i was planning to spend an extra week there as a holiday - so 3 weeks in total.

1. Do i need to get permission from the government there in order to do this?

2. What is the best way to bring the course fees back to the UK and into my UK bank? - (deligates will pay local in local currency)

3. Any other legal implications?

Thanking you in anticipation,

Brian

innervisionsuk
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: My Training Course In Dubai Jan 25, 2012
innervisionsuk,

Hello Brian, in answer to your three questions;

1, Yes, you need a trade license from the Department of Economic Development in order to practice in Dubai, there are no temporary licenses, http://www.dubaided.gov.ae/English/Pages/default.aspx

2, You can take cash out in a suitcase, without declaration, of up to AED 100,000 this was raised in June 2011 from AED 40,000, the limits are for statistical purposes and money laundering control only, one of the requirements of a Trade License is a Business Bank account where you will also be able to Tx funds directly to your UK bank account, there are no restrictions or tax implications for exporting cash out of the UAE, different story though when the money is introduced to the UK and you are still resident there..

3, The Trade License is key to all your business activities in Dubai, without it you will find complications in everything you do here including getting paid! Frankly, I am surprised your potential customer/s haven't outlined these issues to you directly. You wouldn't be the first to just 'pop over' on a visit visa for reasons other than just visiting and get away with a suitcase full of cash, which is how the situation reads, it's only when people get caught and end up within the complicated and some consider, unfair legal system here when, they wish they hadn't.

Whether your potential customers are private or publicly owned companies, you will be at risk, both financially and legally.

All the above, is of course subject to you or your inviters not having the capacity to circumvent the requirements of the DED, which we mere mortals do not possess, it is not unusual for some individuals to be able to 'pave the way' for certain activities.

I personally, in your position, wouldn't set foot outside the UK without first being placed in funds to cover all my foreseeable costs, and put in place a payment schedule to ensure payment of cleared funds to a UK bank account before the delivery of services, this isn't an unusual way to conduct business in the UAE, especially for one in such a vulnerable position.

Having just had a look at your website, I would also seek approval from the Dubai Health Authority or the Dubai Institute of Performing Artists, whichever is the most relevant! :) You could always just do as Kenny Craig, easy money! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aZ2bdnG97A or simply hypnotise the arresting officer if you get caught and convince him of his mistake, your innocence and insist he releases you forthwith.

:lol: :lol:

Good luck!
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: My Training Course In Dubai Jan 25, 2012
Thank you Dillon, VERY useful information.
innervisionsuk
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: My Training Course In Dubai Feb 04, 2012
lol very appropraite clip!

On a side note you may get away with doing the odd course as there is no real regulation of training in Dubai.
barryob
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai