Where To Buy A Mobile Phone And Laptop In Dubai

Topic locked
Where to buy a mobile phone and laptop in Dubai Sep 26, 2008
Hi everone. First post on here although I've enjoyed reading other posts over the last week and have learnt a great deal from them.

Ok, I'm moving to Dubai in a couple of weeks and only have a day or two between arriving and starting my job.

Basically, I'd like to buy a mobile phone (is there a pay as you go or equivalent?) and laptop in those first days.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of where's best/most reasonable? Nothing fancy for either, just decent products.

Thanks. Oh, going to be staying around Bur Dubai initially, if that's of any relevance.

Flashboy
Dubai Forum Guest

Sep 27, 2008
computer street in bur dubai has the stuff you need for a good price or even anywhere in Al Karama will have it if your just trying to get something cheap. If your trying to get something a little bit more expensive and better quality, then Mall of the Emirates or Burjuman since Burjuman is in Bur Dubai
nickamin
Dubai Forum Visitor

Sep 27, 2008
There is a small shopping centre at the junction of Mankhool Road and Khalid Bin Al Waleed Street (known locally as Bank Street!) called the Al Ain Centre. Everyone knows it as Computer Plaza. 2 floors, lots of deals, mobiles, laptops all the gubbins to go with them.

Compare prices between the shops then bargain hard...they will always come down for a good deal.

Happy hunting!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

responses Sep 28, 2008
Thanks guys, really appreciate it. The whole moving process is stressful enough, so great to get this kind of advice.
Flashboy
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 02, 2008
For Mobiles, go to Burdubai Meena Bazaar, near Girodano showroom... there are loads of shops there, all competing with each other and at a much lower price (in msot cases) compared to all the showrooms. Take cash coz they charge 2% extra for CC
iambanned
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 03, 2008
For mobiles, just go to Axiom/Jumbo/Cellucom :)
redtilldead
Dubai Forums Talker

Jan 02, 2009
check sharaf
dominic_toretto_dxb
Dubai Forum User

posting in Products and Services in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Products and Services in Dubai