VISA Cancelleation From Outside UAE

Topic locked
VISA cancelleation from outside UAE Sep 13, 2010
Dear Sir,
I am a national from one the 33 visa-at-arrival countries.I was working in UAE on employment visa (probation) from Nov 2008 to Dec 2008. I left the country on Dec 2008 and I resigned from work outside UAE (I didn't return back due to personal reasons).I was stamped with a 3 year residency visa which expires on 11/2011.I was on probationary period (unlimited contract) when I left the UAE.Please let me know how can I cancel my UAE residence visa as I am outside UAE. Is there any procedure that I would be able to cancel my visa on my own. Please advise.

Thanks
Daniel

rajfrench
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: VISA cancelleation from outside UAE Sep 13, 2010
First of all you should have posted this in the 'help' section.

In answer to your question - no you cannot cancel your visa from outside the UAE, because they need your passport to be able to do it. If you wait until your visa naturally expires, then there are fines for not getting it cancelled out.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

More than likely your employer cancelled your residency visa and more than likely placed a ban on you which could be for 1 year. Also note that if you are outside the country for longer than 6 months your visa will automatically expire.

The person who could help you is "bonk". Hopefully he will see this and can provide the correct info.

-- Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:40 pm --

Chocoholic wrote:First of all you should have posted this in the 'help' section.

In answer to your question - no you cannot cancel your visa from outside the UAE, because they need your passport to be able to do it. If you wait until your visa naturally expires, then there are fines for not getting it cancelled out.

Chocs, it is in the "help" section. :)
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:The person who could help you is "bonk". Hopefully he will see this and can provide the correct info.

Aahhhhh, I did see this question. I was trying to avoid it in the hope someone else would answer it. It's too complicated for me :).

Here's what I think I know ... or know what I think ... :shock: ...

After 6 months out of the country, a residence visa expires (becomes invalid), meaning you cannot use for entry to the UAE, nor can you enter the UAE on another visa until it's cancelled. Cancellation is different from expiry.

It is possible to cancel a residence visa from outside the UAE in one of two ways (I think).

1. Send your passport to your employer to get visa cancelled (which I would be reluctant to do).
2. Wait until 6 months passes then send copy of passport to employer to get visa cancelled.

Either way, you need cooperation of employer to cancel visa. Or contact the DNRD direct to see if they can cancel your visa without employer involvement.

I would check with DNRD or MOL anyway. As Bora Bora says, it's possible your employer has already cancelled your visa. If they reported you as absconding, then you are likely to have been given a 1 year ban or worse. If they didn't then you might have had a 1 year labour ban anyway for not completing notice period. But given that you left in December 2008, the ban should have finished. MOL should be able to tell you.

DNRD website says this procedure applies.

http://www.dnrd.gov.ae/Dnrd/Transaction ... lang=en-GB

Cancellation of residence permits of persons who are outside UAE
This involves a description of procedures of Naturalization and Residency Administration/Dubai to cancel residence permits of persons who are staying outside UAE, and which will be carried out without the expatriate person's passport.(cancellation of an employment permit of a worker who is outside UAE)
Required Documents:
Required documents to cancel a residence permit without the sponsored person's passport:
Copy of the sponsored person's passport or departure list provided that the residence permit has expired.
Sponsor's passport copy
Two (2) copies of cancellation application
Required documents for cancellation of residence (employment) permit issued by Naturalization and Residency Administration and Ministry of Labour without the sponsored person's passport:
Two (2) copies of application to cancel a residence (employment) permit issued for a person by Ministry of Labour, when the residence permit has expired.
If the sponsored person holds a residence (employment) permit issued by Naturalization and Residency Administration, his residence permit will be cancelled by Naturalization and Residency Administration/Dubai.
Copy of the establishment card.
Copy of the commercial license if his residence (employment) permit is issued by Naturalization and Residence Administration.
List of departures list issued by Cancellation Unit if his residence (employment) permit is issued by Naturalization and Residency Administration.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: VISA cancelleation from outside UAE Sep 14, 2010
LOL - it was in the 'newbies' section when I first saw it.

But either way you still have to get 'cancelled' stamped over the visa, so the passport is still required by immigration to do this. No way around that.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:But either way you still have to get 'cancelled' stamped over the visa, so the passport is still required by immigration to do this. No way around that.

Not necessarily according to the DNRD website. Maybe their information is wrong or out of date?

This involves a description of procedures of Naturalization and Residency Administration/Dubai to cancel residence permits of persons who are staying outside UAE, and which will be carried out without the expatriate person's passport.(cancellation of an employment permit of a worker who is outside UAE)
bonk

Bonk / Choco /Bora Bora,
Thank you guys for clarifying me, any way I am trying to contact DNRD or MOL, appreciate if you could advise which number to call , I tried the hotline but have to wait too long and its too expensive for me to hang on to the line (from overseas)

Regards,
Daniel.
rajfrench
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Try emailing them

MOL - mopmr@uae.gov.ae
DNRD - info@dnrd.ae

Or try the contact forms and online equiries on their websites - I think you can enter your work permit number to check the status, same for visa.

More contact information here

http://www.dubaifaqs.com/dnrd.php
http://www.dubaifaqs.com/ministry-of-labour-uae.php
bonk

Re: VISA cancelleation from outside UAE Sep 15, 2010
Hi Guys,
I checked through the website by entering my labour card number, it says Status - "Y" what does it mean ?
rajfrench
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: VISA cancelleation from outside UAE Sep 20, 2010
rajfrench wrote:Hi Guys,
I checked through the website by entering my labour card number, it says Status - "Y" what does it mean ?

I don't know. I tried to search for an answer but didn't get anywhere. Only status options seem to be Y or N. Maybe for Yes or No but yes or no to what, I don't know. Current or expired? Ban or no ban?
bonk

Re: VISA cancelleation from outside UAE Sep 21, 2010
Can anyone find out for me what it mean "Y" - visa status

-- Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:47 am --

RESEND-Can anyone let me know /find out, what does it mean status - "Y" when I check my labour card details thru MOL web site ?

-- Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:48 am --

Can anyone let me know /find out, what does it mean status - "Y" when I check my labour card details thru MOL web site ?

-- Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:32 am --

Can anyone let me know /find out, what does it mean status - "Y" when I check my labour card details thru MOL web site ?

-- Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:07 am --

Dear All,
I cjecked my visa status , it says "Y" , what doues it mean ? I left UAE in december 2008 w/o cancelling my visa. Thanks.

Daniel

-- Mon May 23, 2011 8:48 am --

Dear friends,
With ref. to my query about Visa cancellation, I contacted my company and they agree to cancel my Visa. But, they are asking my passport to be sent by courier along with signed cancellation form. My question is,
1. Is the passport a must for cancellation ?, because.I am worried whether am I legally allowed to send a passport by courier.
2. When they cancel the Visa, what will be stamped in the passport ? Will they stamp anything such as 6 month ban or something like that ?
3. Or is there any other way that my Visa shall be cancelled by my company w/o my original passport ?

Please advise my above queries. Thank you for your support so far.

Regards,
Daniel
rajfrench
Dubai Expat Wannabe

undefined Aug 01, 2014
i already cancelled as my cancellation status is outside the country but i saw cancellation not sent in DNRD what it means... and anyone know how can i check how long may ban is... thanks
dylanclaire
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai VisaForum Rules

Return to Dubai Visa