NEW: Blackberry Services For WASEL (Prepaid Customers)

Topic locked
NEW: Blackberry Services for WASEL (Prepaid customers) Feb 17, 2009
Just an update: - Etisalat - You can now suscribe to blackberry services even if you are on WASEL (Prepaid account). Previously, WASEL users had to migrate to Postpaid account to avail the blackberry service. Now it is available to wasel suscribers as well.

Thank you etisalat, this is one thing i truely appreciate!

PS: I suppose the offer is for a limited period.

ahamed
Dubai chat master

Feb 19, 2009
Thanks - I didn't know about this!
noaman
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 19, 2009
neither did i..

suscribed for the service on wasel, everything activated, now waiting for a new handset to arrive. i hate the 8100 pearl.
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Feb 19, 2009
Any reviews on the flip phone model - i think its 8220?!?! I'm seriously considering a bberry service... but again want to wait for Etisalat to come out with their iPhone offer to see which one is more pleasing to the wallet..
noaman
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 19, 2009
noaman wrote:Any reviews on the flip phone model - i think its 8220?!?! I'm seriously considering a bberry service... but again want to wait for Etisalat to come out with their iPhone offer to see which one is more pleasing to the wallet..
I believe iphone 3g would be much better than Bb. Bb has a limit of 10 email accounts. On the other hand you need to consider the features. Bb is truely a biz / corporate phone. Only if they had unlimited data package for aed 185 any gprs enabled phone would have been a hit
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Feb 20, 2009
i have not used wasel recharge card, any body can use it.

AED 25
card number is: 55213 70005 11574

you can recharge with this number.
karayakar
Dubai Forum Guest

Feb 21, 2009
karayakar wrote:i have not used wasel recharge card, any body can use it.

AED 25

r u crazy or what karyakar.well that number actually worked..post back any time if u want ur credits back
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Feb 21, 2009
I thought that he was serious when he posted... Didn't attempt though!!!
noaman
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 21, 2009
I just saw it a few minutes ago and tried it. It actually worked. On the other hand I smell sumthing is fishy. The poster actually gave out a working card number. Since there have been numerous phone scandals around recently I doubt the poster gave out the number to trap any one who uses it. Apparently about the scam as reported in seven days news paper I ve been able to investigate a little about the the originating numbers n how they operate it.

I haven't reported my findings to any authorities; not sure on how to go about it.

Now about the poster who gave out the working card number...observe that he/she registered on dubaiforums on 20-feb-09.

How wierd is that?

Any one..please suggest on how to report evidence related to such scams!

And if you think I am just goofing around then I can post a few international numbers..nd if u call them..they pretend to be an agent of a telephone company
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Feb 21, 2009
Re: the +923 numbers scam - I believe you'll have to lodge the numbers and/or other info with Etisalat / Telecommunication Regulatory Authority.

I didn't attempt this Wasel card thinking it may land me into trouble. For all you know they can retrieve your incoming / outgoing numbers based on this wasel card number and them bombard you with miss calls at wee hours!!!
Point noted about the individual's registration date, but I'd still give the benefit of the doubt until he/she replies back with some sense :)
noaman
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 21, 2009
ahamed wrote:
karayakar wrote:i have not used wasel recharge card, any body can use it.

AED 25

r u crazy or what karyakar.well that number actually worked..post back any time if u want ur credits back

:) no problem ahamed :)) its halal for you :)

my entry permit is finish on september. Maybe i can't come again dubai if i can't get a job in dubai.

do you know any good IT position in Dubai?
karayakar
Dubai Forum Guest

Feb 23, 2009
well if it is halal for me, then this sure is a debt on me.

If you happen to be in dubai any time soon, dont forget to take your AED25 Credits back. I owe it to you seriously !

FYI, the job market is running tight bro..
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Feb 23, 2009
Just a suggestion, If karayakar doesn't foresee coming to Dubai anytime soon and has also relieved the AED 25, you can donate this amount against a charity organisation / donation boxes.

I believe you can also donate using your mobile credits - at least they had it during Dubai Cares and other similar situations
noaman
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 23, 2009
I will take that advice. Regardless of that, it would still be a debt on me :) .. i have serious terms with myself, especially when its related to money.

now now noaman ..how do we go about the scam thing, i am very excited to burst this case!
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Feb 23, 2009
I'm quite the same w/ regards to $

Now.... the scam thing, I received a lot of calls from few +923... numbers and after picking up their miss call attempts, I'm no longer getting any calls :)
About bursting the case, how about writing to Gulf News, XPRESS, 7Days, etc and approaching Etisalat/TRA?!?
noaman
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 23, 2009
noaman,

some years back i had approached few of the leading news papers, dubai police & etisalat to burst the nigerian e-mail scams operated in from dubai. I had evidence against them, their user name passwords for their email addresses, telephone numbers & contact details, video recordings, screen records & even knew where they stayed.

I gave couple of interviews and detailed them on how it worked & how we could burst them.

Ultimately, all went into trash. No one took any action.

So i dont want my efforts wasted alike last time
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Feb 23, 2009
that's some detailed information that you managed to get!

Hmmmmmmm... fyi - I know few ppl at Gulf News & XPRESS who might want to do a story on this. Let me know if you want to give it another try so I can pass on your details...
noaman
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 23, 2009
i know a few personally who works in GN. But not as reporters, they are
back office.

I am ready anytime to take things forward..
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Feb 23, 2009
pm coming your way!
noaman
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 23, 2009
I'd worked for them for a decent amount of time to know quite a few people across various departments including reporters & editors.
noaman
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 23, 2009
Great ! Time for action then!
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Re: Feb 02, 2010
ahamed wrote:Great ! Time for action then!

Hi ahamed. I am changed my state to USA. How about Dubai? How is the IT market?
karayakar
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk