Anyone Else Having Problems With Gmail And Flickr

Topic locked
Anyone else having problems with gmail and flickr Jan 10, 2007
Since yesteday neither sites are loading for me on etisalat. What the f*** are they up to now? Anyone else having the same problem?

Stan
Dubai Forum User

Re: Anyone else having problems with gmail and flickr Jan 10, 2007
Stan wrote:Since yesteday neither sites are loading for me on etisalat. What the f*** are they up to now? Anyone else having the same problem?

nope not really...where are you accessing it from?
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Anyone else having problems with gmail and flickr Jan 10, 2007
Stan wrote:Since yesteday neither sites are loading for me on etisalat. What the f*** are they up to now? Anyone else having the same problem?

Yesterday night www.orkut.com and mail.google.com were not loading for me. Well, orkut.com loaded but was slow nad gave errors.
Today all seems fine except for Gmail because its pretty slow
hitender_s
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 10, 2007
I have no problem whatsoever opening from my office in DIC.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 11, 2007
Gmail has not played up on me, but i use pop3 to access gmail - reaching a lot of other sites has, esp https. Sometimes i find it quicker to route through there proxy, other times it times out so I don't bother.

I am always moaning about Etisalat, but largely because its the worst service i have ever experienced. Whoever is in charge of there DNS infrastructure needs a different job.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Jan 11, 2007
Everything fine now, Gmail opens at normal speed, Flickr opening at normal browsing speed, the only thing still suffering for me is my friggin Online Gaming. God damn Etisalat, and the people who have'nt fixed those underwater cables as yet.
hitender_s
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 11, 2007
What about the new player in the telecom field??? They're not going to give any xDSL services or they're only for mobile connections?

I see that from time to time a lot of DF members express their disappointment about the lack of quality regarding Etisalat. I guess monopoly is not a good thing afterall...
Greekman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 11, 2007
*chuckles*

Users dont have much choices. If there is competition, for sure each telecom/ISP will be working for the best service.
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk