Fasting? Who's Doing It.

Topic locked
Sep 16, 2007
I am a muslim but CANNOT Fast anymore :-(
I do miss fasting tho... i did enjoy the inner satisfaction I got when I could fast.

Ramdan Kareem everyone

netgeek2k2

Sep 19, 2007
Bleakus wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Goo for the soul, bad for the body I'm afraid.

gives your stomach a break sometime which is good

Fasting technically commences within the first twelve to twenty-four hours of the fast.

A fast does not chemically begin until the carbohydrate stores in the body begin to be used as an energy source.

Due to the lack of incoming energy, the body is breaking down the fat stores in the body in order to produce energy.

A second benefit of fasting is the healing process that begins in the body due to the diversion of the body energy.

In addition, there is a reduction in core body temperature, following a drop in blood sugar.

Finally, the most scientifically proven advantage to fasting is the feeling of transformation and extended life expectancy.

In conclusion, it seems that there are many reasons to consider fasting as a benefit to one's health.
Modi777
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 19, 2007
SCY wrote:I haven't read all your posts in this thread yet.

But I think it would be nice if they 'fast' with their bad mannerisms especially driving, and not just fast by abstaining from eating and drinking for hours in a day. I haven't come online for so long due to bad road accident. Thank God, I am still alive.

oh god yeah, in ramadan, driving has been dangerous and stuff.....no offence and i fast too, I hate customers who fast...they get anger quickly :evil:
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 20, 2007
Modi777 wrote:Fasting technically commences within the first twelve to twenty-four hours of the fast.

A fast does not chemically begin until the carbohydrate stores in the body begin to be used as an energy source.

What are you talking about? Carbs are the primary source of energy for the body, by your logic I've been fasting all my life.

Modi777 wrote:Due to the lack of incoming energy, the body is breaking down the fat stores in the body in order to produce energy.

Wrong, the body breaks down protein before fat and uses that as energy. Additionally your body goes into starvation mode and starts storing lipids for survival. You lose weight because muscle density is greater than fat.

Modi777 wrote:A second benefit of fasting is the healing process that begins in the body due to the diversion of the body energy.

"Diversion of the body energy"? How about I divert my foot to your face?

Modi777 wrote:In addition, there is a reduction in core body temperature, following a drop in blood sugar.

Yep, hypoglycemia sure is healthy.

Modi777 wrote:Finally, the most scientifically proven advantage to fasting is the feeling of transformation and extended life expectancy.

If by transforming you mean turning people into incessant whining cats who can't seem to stfu about their diet, I agree 100%.

Modi777 wrote:In conclusion, it seems that there are many reasons to consider fasting as a benefit to one's health.

In conclusion, what you've just wrote is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent writing were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Medvezhonok
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 24, 2007
Medvezhonok wrote:Exactly, since it is your own connection with god, it helps to avoid bragging about how righteous you are to strangers on the internet. You want to fast? that's great, but don't go around putting down people who don't.

The post I replied to earlier was suggesting that non-muslims should also fast in order to attain the same level of piousness as people who do. If you read between the lines, you notice that he is subtly implying that non-muslims have no consideration for the "little african kids" because they don't know what it's like not to have access to food.
My bull tasty detector went off, so I chipped in to slam him in the face with the sledge hammer of fallacy.

LOL mate i m scared dont hit me with ur purse alrite.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 24, 2007
Medvezhonok wrote:Exactly, since it is your own connection with god, it helps to avoid bragging about how righteous you are to strangers on the internet. You want to fast? that's great, but don't go around putting down people who don't.

The post I replied to earlier was suggesting that non-muslims should also fast in order to attain the same level of piousness as people who do. If you read between the lines, you notice that he is subtly implying that non-muslims have no consideration for the "little african kids" because they don't know what it's like not to have access to food.
My bull tasty detector went off, so I chipped in to slam him in the face with the sledge hammer of fallacy.

LOL mate i m scared dont hit me with ur purse alrite.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 24, 2007
rudeboy wrote:LOL mate i m scared dont hit me with ur purse alrite.

OMG u rite 2 much like Prince 4 me!
Medvezhonok
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 24, 2007
Medvezhonok wrote:
rudeboy wrote:LOL mate i m scared dont hit me with ur purse alrite.

OMG u rite 2 much like Prince 4 me!

errr alrite keep your pants on i aint ur prince go find someone off the road to be ur prince :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 25, 2007
rudeboy wrote:errr alrite keep your pants on i aint ur prince go find someone off the road to be ur prince :D

Don't you hate people who write or say "errr" or "uuuh" before they speak?
You don't need to mimic a sound while your five good neurons crank out the next malformed sentence from your cretaceous skull, numb nuts.
Medvezhonok
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 28, 2007
Medvezhonok wrote:
rudeboy wrote:errr alrite keep your pants on i aint ur prince go find someone off the road to be ur prince :D

Don't you hate people who write or say "errr" or "uuuh" before they speak?
You don't need to mimic a sound while your five good neurons crank out the next malformed sentence from your cretaceous skull, numb nuts.

hmmm anything else you want to add on to that, EINSteIN????
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Health and Medicine in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Health and Medicine in Dubai