Indie Scene????

Topic locked
indie scene???? Feb 01, 2007
is there any indie scene in dubai? new order/ killers/ snow patrol etc?....

miss Plastik
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 01, 2007
and what is that? sorry am a novice at all that u said :)
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 01, 2007
I wish there was, as I reckon it would go down a treat. Sadly all the mofos here are into House and RnB - boooorrrriiiinnnggggggg!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 01, 2007
Chocoholic wrote:I wish there was, as I reckon it would go down a treat. Sadly all the mofos here are into House and RnB - boooorrrriiiinnnggggggg!

is that some kinda music?? man enlighten me either of you
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 01, 2007
Indie Music = Independent music, the stuff that would never be released by the mainstrwam record labels, but by their subsidaries. Of course it's all become mainstream now.

Essentially sort of alternative rocky music, or Britpop, Blur, Oasis, Killers etc stuff like that.

Difficult to describe really.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 01, 2007
Guitar based pop, basically. Everyone went nuts for it in the early- to mid-nineties, and it's having something of a resurgence now.

That said, the "indie" tag is a complete misnomer these days.

About the only place you'll get this kind of music is at the monthly Twisted Melons night at iBO.
iapetus11
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 01, 2007
check out http://www.myspace.com/officialjulianadown .

Our influences are Oasis, Radiohead, U2, The killers, Bloc Party, Snow Patrol, Keane, Muse, The verve...you might like it.
julianadown
Dubai Expat Wannabe

cool..... Feb 02, 2007
actually thats interesting i have cool indie / rock labels on my books which are HUGE in england.

STONELOVE

BULLETPROOF

- check out events on my website www.plastikdreams.com

had some massive names on in the uk, direct link to their site from plastik to. i might bring this event out for a one monthly if there is demand.

8)

rock n roll and indie cross over.

brainchild of the co owner of all the digital clubs uk & tokyo project close friend of Plastik, aaron mellor

is this something the uae would appreciate, fills a 3000 capacity venue every sat in uk.
miss Plastik
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 02, 2007
To tell you the truth miss Plastik, we'll probably have an idea just about how ready the local scene is for Indie nights at clubs come the 7th when we do our show.

Come down and make up your own mind or I'll provide some feedback after the gig. If the turnout is anything like the crowd we usually draw then I think other good bands with powerful live performances brought out regularly would eventually draw a crowd. You'd have to build your brand first of course but if you linked it to a popular club it should be quite easy. For clubs it'd be very attractive i would think coz it would differentiate them and this kind of music has the potential to be marketed to some key demographics.

Come to the Lodge on the 7th and check out our launch party. It'll really put thingsin perspective.
julianadown
Dubai Expat Wannabe

show? Feb 02, 2007
i don't arrive until 12th so i'll have to rely on the feedback. what show are you doing?

who's in the line up?
miss Plastik
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 02, 2007
julianadown wrote:To tell you the truth miss Plastik, we'll probably have an idea just about how ready the local scene is for Indie nights at clubs come the 7th when we do our show.

Come down and make up your own mind or I'll provide some feedback after the gig. If the turnout is anything like the crowd we usually draw then I think other good bands with powerful live performances brought out regularly would eventually draw a crowd. You'd have to build your brand first of course but if you linked it to a popular club it should be quite easy. For clubs it'd be very attractive i would think coz it would differentiate them and this kind of music has the potential to be marketed to some key demographics.

Come to the Lodge on the 7th and check out our launch party. It'll really put thingsin perspective.

sorry just logged into www.myspace.com/plastikworld and found your request. cool.

i'm just building a mass network of all uae ontacts thru myspace now so i can push all dubai ventures direct with my own hype/ marketing. have over 1000 uae contacts thus far and i've only been adding for a week.

hope everyone else has a myspace set up it's free and i've been on since my best friends in l.a. told me about it years ago, it reached the uk and is now massive i predict the same for the UAE!!

www.myspace.com it's free to join!
miss Plastik
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 15, 2007
julianadown

just checked you out on youtube must say very impressed tried watching your vids on myspace but an error kept coming up in the media box

where can i buy one of your albums or cd's and where is the best place to see when you are gigging

if your ever looking to tour uk and for somebody to arrange things check out my stepdaughters website

tony
prenton01
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 18, 2007
there is an indie night, at ibo, called Twisted Melons, once a month I think.
Dutchtoon
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai EventsForum Rules

Return to Dubai Events