Ramadan Working Hours

Topic locked
Ramadan Working Hours Sep 13, 2007
Mine is 9:00 am to 3:00 am but im not happy with it I was thinking it would be 8 to 2 like the previous ramadans :(

whats urs?

abdulnafees
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 13, 2007
Oh here we go, count yourself lucky you get reduced working hours. Many compnaies don't bother.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 13, 2007
to you I would say there are even ppl working in hot sun....but thats not my point ... i am looking for your working hours

well you can say i am lucky as i work for the AD gov. but everythings got disadvantages/advantages
abdulnafees
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 13, 2007
Exactly, there are other people still working outside and so on. So count yourself lucky.

The Ministry states that ALL people working for private companies must reduce the working hours by 2 for ALL employees, regardless of religion. But it doesn't happen.

Also it's impossible when your company's business comes from abroad, you can't afford to be on reduced hours to put you out of synch with your business.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 13, 2007
My normal working hours are 7-3.30 so it doesn't change for me. Though those observing Ramadan are allowed to leave 2 hours earlier.
DeeDee
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 13, 2007
Its same for me

start 8.30 ....reading news paper and checking blogs

lunch break at 12: 30

finishing at 4.30

:roll:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Sep 14, 2007
DeeDee wrote:My normal working hours are 7-3.30 so it doesn't change for me. Though those observing Ramadan are allowed to leave 2 hours earlier.

The Ministry has stated that employers cannot discriminate between religions of employees. The Ramadan hours are for ALL staff.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 15, 2007
although most of the organisation have alternate options of timing
abdulnafees
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 16, 2007
Nothing has changed for my work timings, but I am free to leave after 2pm.
SCY
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Ramadan Working Hours Sep 18, 2007
abdulnafees wrote:Mine is 9:00 am to 3:00 am but im not happy with it I was thinking it would be 8 to 2 like the previous ramadans :(

whats urs?

no offence but u sound like a 5 year old who used to get 2 candies after lunch, now he gets only one and making a scene.
grow up

oh and one more thing, i know ppl who work 12-14 hours these days instead of having them reduced...so be happy with what uve got.
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Ramadan Working Hours Sep 19, 2007
raidah wrote:
abdulnafees wrote:Mine is 9:00 am to 3:00 am but im not happy with it I was thinking it would be 8 to 2 like the previous ramadans :(

whats urs?

no offence but u sound like a 5 year old who used to get 2 candies after lunch, now he gets only one and making a scene.
grow up

oh and one more thing, i know ppl who work 12-14 hours these days instead of having them reduced...so be happy with what uve got.

im not making any issue about my or anyone else time ... alhamdulillah whatever time it is... im o.k. I just want ppl to share their working hours thats what this topic is all about...and If you cant see above replies in which I mentioned 'there are ppl who are working out in the sun but that not the point of this topic' then you need you eyes to be checked...

got it, get it... good

PEACE
abdulnafees
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 19, 2007
In my office, 9-3 for muslims, 9-4 for non-muslims. Longer working hours for us non-muslims so I guess they really don't expect us to fast with them.
yujinn
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 19, 2007
yujinn wrote:In my office, 9-3 for muslims, 9-4 for non-muslims. Longer working hours for us non-muslims so I guess they really don't expect us to fast with them.

nice to see them obeying the laws!

Im working 10 to 5. My muslim colleagues are usually leaving a little earlier but i stay later by choice. Normally I work 10 to 7
Rosbif71
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 20, 2007
I have a friend working for a european company based in DAFZA. He is forced by his boss to work 9AM-6PM. Is the airport freezone exempt from ramadan office timings? Are the timings compulsary on the part of the companies?
yujinn
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 20, 2007
yujinn wrote:I have a friend working for a european company based in DAFZA. He is forced by his boss to work 9AM-6PM. Is the airport freezone exempt from ramadan office timings? Are the timings compulsary on the part of the companies?

Im pretty sure they're not exempt, the law is the law when it comes to Ramadan.

My office ours are 8 until 6 and we were told the first day of Ramadan that non-muslims had to work the full day. After high management were reminded of the law they kindly told us at the beginning of this week that everyone could go home two hours early! :D
Craigo
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 20, 2007
HP wrote:Its same for me

start 8.30 ....reading news paper and checking blogs

lunch break at 12: 30

finishing at 4.30

:roll:

Any vacancies I wouldnt mind doing that :lol: :lol:
Galactico
Dubai forums GURU

Re: Ramadan Working Hours Sep 21, 2007
raidah wrote:

whats urs?

grow up

True that ... I got to work at 8:30 this morning and left at 8:30 pm.
PrettyPenny
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Ramadan Working Hours Sep 21, 2007
PrettyPenny wrote:
True that ... I got to work at 8:30 this morning and left at 8:30 pm.

Do you sell Potato at any shop?
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat