Translator / Marketing / Hotel

Topic locked
Translator / Marketing / Hotel Mar 09, 2009
Is it so difficult to get a job in Dubai?

I moved to Dubai almost 5 months and everyday I sent and applied thousands of jobs, but I still didn't hear any of them at all.

I have Bachelor Degree of Translation & Intepretation Degree, and I speak Chinese, Cantonese, Portuguese, Japanese & English.

I have 6 years working experiences.

I wonder if it is because I don't have sponsored visa?

Company doesn't want to apply visa for employee?

Does anyone can give me some idea? Please

dekyi
Dubai Forum Guest

Mar 15, 2009
First of all go do a course with DTCM ( dubai tourist and commerce marketing ) as a tour guide( last time I heard 3000dhs ). Once you get approved then apply to all the big tour operators who bring in groups, like Arabian Adventures, Emir Tours, Orient tours, Planet tours, Alpha tours, Travco and Lama tours.

They need multilingual tour guides speciall german and japanese speaking but more German than Japanese. Its mostly freelance work but might also be picked up on a full time basis if your good at what you do. You need to have excellent people skills. Its a exciting but hectic jobs. Forget about any sense of any fixed schedule. ( one of the reasons I left the tourism industry ). The money is not too great according to some standards at around 300 dhs perday, but all your expenses are paid for. Also good tips are also involved.

Although things are really really slow now due to the economic slowdown.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 15, 2009
Thanks for your idea. Things are really really slow now.

I'm wonder how ppl get a job if the company got thousands of CV everyday. How can they get a chance for interview?

I have not received any interview call for a few months already
dekyi
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai