The Company Is Not Going To Pay Me Ticket

Topic locked
the company is not going to pay me ticket Oct 03, 2008
I have been working for this company for more then 1 year,since last September the day they got the license.
They brought me from my home country.
But now they are not going to pay me ticket.
They say they didnt find any thing that written in the labour law said the company must do so.If I can find the proof in written,they will just follow.

As i know it's law and convention that company will pay for return ticket.
I did read the labour law before,and I asked one consultant,he said,you didnt find it there,but if you go to labour,u would get it.

So I am going to labour office.

But my employment visa starts from January 2008,the first 4 months (sep-dec )I was on visit.So will it cause any problem to me or the company?Will I get help from labour? :x

Panda
Dubai Forum User

Oct 05, 2008
:( :( :( :( :(
hey,can anybody help? :shock:
Panda
Dubai Forum User

Oct 06, 2008
Having just taken over being Mod for this Forum, I am catching up on the stuff posted!

Yes, the company IS obligated to pay your ticket as part of your Ministry of Labour Contract if it was part of your original offer and is listed in your contract of employment or appointment letter. They have to pay for your return ticket at the end of the contract also. If it is a 2 year, or longer, agreement, they have to provide you with 1 return ticket (or the equivalent) to your country of origin each year. This is a standard agreement and is legally binding between you and the employer.

Grab a copy of the UAE Labour Law book from any good bookshop and just gen up on section 130.

If you still have a dispute with the company, take the matter to the Labour Department. They have advisors who can help.

:? :? :?

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai